|Date Posted||July 24, 2020|
Technology is a core driver of our innovative and sustainable new products and services. That's why we're in search of Difference Makers like you to help us generate solutions and solve problems so that we can continue flooring the imagination of our customers; while providing value to their lives. We’re redefining flooring with products that not only minimize climate impacts, but also foster beauty and allow people to connect and thrive.
If you would like to make a direct impact with a multi-billion Fortune 500 global leader in flooring fashions; while making the world a better place, then we may have a place for you at one of our 250+ locations in North America and around the world.
Primary Objective: In broad terms, briefly state the major purpose of primary objective of this position.
Serves primarily as a liaison between the business community and the IS organization
Major Function and Scope: Using brief narrative statements, describe each major function of responsibility explaining the scope of the function as appropriate.
- Within SAP FI/CO work with the Application Architects and the business to successfully perform gap analysis for medium to complex projects and to translate the business requirements and business processes into functional design specifications for SAP configuration and custom SAP development work.
- Partners with business teams, on Treasury, Banking, Consolidations, Planning, forecasting and shared corporate functions, to provide efficient solutions.
- Functions as an integrator between business needs and technology solutions.
- Performs accurate analysis and effective diagnosis of client issues and manages day-to-day client relationships at peer client levels.
- Liaises with key business users for business requirements and translates them into SAP requirements. Liaises with all aspects of production procurement, testing, and implementation. Works with SAP developers to custom make SAP modules to meet the business requirements of buy/sell operations.
- Works with the project team for project rollout/implementation and SAP upgrades. Keeps up-to-date on product releases and new technologies.
- Provides strategic consultancy support to assigned customers in defining or designing business processes and researching and identifying enabling technologies based on customer requirements; documents existing customer business processes, identifies inefficiencies and recommends improvements for these systems.
- Partner with the user community to ensure successful and timely User Acceptance Testing.
- Actively drive issue resolution and closely monitor its progress.
- Provide SAP (FI/CO) knowledge and advice to the Master Data Consultants and Change Management Experts when appropriate.
- Document all implemented solutions and train the SAP Support Specialists to ensure successful end user support.
- Develop training material for the business key users & conduct key user training. Support the business key users in developing work instructions & conducting end user training
- Own complete module solutions wing-to-wing; prototyping, blueprinting, design, build, test, documentation and post go-live support including interfaces & cross module integration.
- Fully understand and master all the end-to-end, cross-functional and integrated business processes related to the respective SAP functional module, including integrations with extended business systems
- Proactively work with Project Managers and Vendor Project Teams to resolve technical issues and to champion closure on business & technical issues related to process, business rules and configuration, in order to achieve the ultimate business goals
- Actively engage all the different functional teams to improve the suggested solutions and increase the business satisfaction (VOC); effectively communicate needs across projects
- Ensure quality and best practices in each SAP functional domain by driving and adhering to the Mohawk SAP global solution template, SAP standards, knowledge base & best practices
- Work closely with support partners in the management and resolution of help desk.
- Perform other duties as required.
Type of Experience and Knowledge:
Knowledge, Experience, Competencies and Supervision: Describe the education, knowledge required, years of experience, specific skills and abilities required to do the job on a fully competent basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Applied Science, Information Technology, Finance, Business Administration or related field of study
- 10 years of progressively responsible SAP experience.
Competencies: Describe the specific skills required for this position in terms of technical, managerial, interpersonal skills and unique abilities.
- Strong analytical skills to understand and analyze business processes for conversion to SAP and to optimize existing SAP processes.
- Knowledge of treasury, banking, lease accounting strongly recommended.
- Knowledge of S/4 HANA, Consolidations, Planning, Forecasting and budgeting required.
- Understanding of Group Reporting and SAC Planning tools in S/4 HANA a must.
- Ability to quickly identify and analyze technical risks & impacts and define alternatives & prioritizations to remove technical roadblocks.
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills to effectively exercise tact, discretion, judgment and diplomacy when interacting and/or negotiating with internal and external customers and senior management.
- Highly motivated self-starter.
- Ability to act as an advisor on professional and technical issues with a view towards reaching decisions.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse and global work group and to achieve results through global team efforts.
- Ability to perform in a high pressure environment and/or crisis situation and render good decisions to resolve the problems, maintain safety and ensure adherence to Corporate Code of Conduct.
- Consistently proven ability to implement projects and contribute to concept development
Associates Supervised: Indicate the numbers of associates that report to this position (only complete for exempt supervisory/managerial positions).
Other Pertinent Job Information: (Such as: American with Disabilities Act- ADA requirements for certain hourly positions).
Disclaimer: The information on this description was prepared by Compensation and department management and is designed to indicate the general nature and level of the work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.