|Date Posted||April 16, 2021|
UGI Utilities, Inc. is a natural gas and electric utility company committed to delivering reliable, safe and affordable energy to our 700,000 customers in 45 counties in Pennsylvania and 1 county in Maryland. We pride ourselves on being a responsive, engaging energy company. The foundation of our success lies in the strength of our 1,700 plus employees who strive to exceed the expectations of our customers and the communities we serve every day.
We offer comprehensive benefits, some of which are:
- medical, prescription, dental, vision, life insurance
- disability plans
- 401(k) matched savings plan
- paid vacation
- company stock purchase program
- wellness programs
- tuition reimbursement
- paid parental leave
- paid volunteer time
- adoption assistance
Responsible for translating the Business requirements of the Acquire to Retire, Project Systems, and Plant Maintenance components of the SAP Configuration IMG (SAP Implementation Guide) and related support for associated systems such as PowerPlan. This includes all aspects of project work, on-going functional enhancements, troubleshooting, and provided system and/or legal changes. Collaborates on all phases of the systems development lifecycle (SDLC) with a focus on the analysis, design, and development of configuration-based solutions. Must continuously maintain and develop the necessary skillsets, both technical and analytical to enhance value-added business solutions and in keeping with the IT architecture.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports the request and analysis phases of SDLC by assisting with documentation and estimates. Executes the design, development, testing and implementation phases of SDLC by producing the prescribed deliverables, under the guidance of more senior staff.
- Works with business unit analysts and other IT technical resources to develop new systems and enhance existing systems to meet changing policy and legislative requirements. Performs configuration to support defined business processes/functions including legal patches released by SAP by performing timely testing, and validation.
- Troubleshoot incidents reported against IT applications. Assist in investigating issues to determine the root cause of problems. Support and monitor daily batch processing, responding to job failures in a timely manner.
- Provide 24X7 primary and/or secondary support to core applications considered business critical.
- Responsible for generating the required documentation throughout the different phases of a project. This includes items such as project charters, technical specifications and technical test plans.
- Follow established change management procedures to ensure that applications and modifications are implemented in a way that meets internal IT controls.
- Manage applicable third-party vendor relationships to ensure on-going interface and product support towards meeting the needs of the Company.
- Keep apprised of current trends in the business marketplace with a focus on product and service development, delivery and support, and applying key technologies. Provides input and direction on business unit technology strategies.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Possess analytical skills, which allows for the assessment of business processes and how they guide and shape application functionality.
- Comprehends technical design specifications and possesses knowledge of development tools and technologies in support of the Information Technology Architecture.
- Understands project plans and is able to clearly articulate their role, project goals, and timelines.
- Working knowledge of COBIT5 based IT Governance and Management framework or other structured industry standard methodologies.
- Good verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information/Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent discipline.
- This is an entry-level configuration position. Prior hands-on SAP S/4 HANA ERP configuration and/or PowerPlan administration experience in one or more of the following disciplines is desired:
- Asset Accounting
- Project Systems
- Work Management
- Plant Maintenance
- Capital Planning
- In lieu of SAP/PowerPlan configuration experience, five (5) years or more of direct hands-on application system support is required.
- ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) Foundation certification (at hire or within 12 months in position).
- Two (2) or more years supporting a system with a RDBMS, and experience in systems analysis, design, and development. Experience developing technical specifications based on the requirements provided from business units.
UGI Utilities, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. As such, the Company abides by the requirements of the Executive Order 11246, 41 CFR 60-741.5(a), and 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, disability, age, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally protected class in its practices.
Successful applicants shall be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen as a condition of employment, and if hired, shall be subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with UGI policies. As a federal contractor that engages in safety-sensitive work, UGI cannot permit employees in certain positions to use medical marijuana, even if prescribed by an authorized physician. Similarly, applicants for such positions who are actively using medical marijuana may be denied hire on that basis.