SAP Financial Business Analyst
|Published||July 28, 2018|
*No sponsorship available. No Corp-to-Corp. No C2C.*
SAP FINANCIAL BUSINESS ANALYST
In brief, the client is looking for a Business Analyst who has an accounting background, a good knowledge of SAP FI processes, good communication skills and very organized. They have a list of audit and other finance related projects that must be completed within the next six months.
1. Project on Payable side focusing on interactions with banks
2. Audit projects to build better controls within the system, segregation of duty issues which have to do with reviewing payment for instance and having to demonstrate to an auditor
1. 5+ Years as a Business Analyst with an accounting background as the business user they are supporting are from the Financial business unit.
2. 5+ Years experience performing testing of processes within SAP FI
3. 5+ Years experience of working within the SAP FI module specifically around processes witin FI (Meeting with the business on the requirement, SAP Finance processes - General accounting, lots of projects on the payable side, focused on interactions with the bank - the client sends file to bank and they identify which checks are cashed and they validate it. On the payable side, the BA will get a lot of requests and general accounting with receiveables cash application background. Mostly general accounting on the banking side with a focus on payables. Not asset accounting side. If they understand integration between sales and other modules like sales would be helpful; they may be asked to do some testing where process knowledge is important. Banking project they may have to generate payments out of tables, for example.
Audit projects to build better controls within the system, segregation of duty issues which have to do with reviewing payment for instance and having to demonstrate to an auditor
Primary role is to gather requirements and on some of the smaller projects, this person will create requirements and lead from requirements all the way to deployment. They will then pass to systems analysts and determine what the technical solution will be. The BA will need to communicate with the project sponsors ( mostly from corporate accounting or shared services org)
The Information Technology team is looking for a strong candidate to address SAP FI project requests submitted by the business community.
The candidate should have a strong accounting background with a good knowledge of SAP Finance processes and a general knowledge of Controlling. Good communication and organization skills are also critical for this role.
The Contractor will be fully responsible for documenting business requirements on these projects. Duties will be expanded on the smaller Finance focused projects to lead the project, full cycle, from requirements to deployment in a coordinator role.
Duties will include, meeting with the business user who submitted the request in order to document their requirements. Since the business users will be from the Finance community, having an accounting background with FICO process knowledge is important in order to articulate those requirements.
The role may also require this person to perform testing of those processes, which will require a good knowledge of SAP Finance processes.
A project manager will be assigned to the larger projects where this role will be focused on fully documenting the requirements and working with the technical lead to assure that those requirements are being met in determining a technical solution. The leadership on those projects, however, will be performed by the project manager.
For the smaller projects, this role will entail gathering the requirements in a more condensed form, preparing the statement of work and communicating with the sponsor for approval, working with the technical lead on the solution, assure that the solution is fully tested and in rolling out the solution for deployment.
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.