|Date Posted||February 15, 2021|
Occidental is an international energy company with operations in the United States, Middle East, Latin America and Africa. We are the largest onshore oil producer in the U.S., including in the Permian Basin, and a leading offshore producer in the Gulf of Mexico. Our midstream and marketing segment provides flow assurance and maximizes the value of our oil and gas. Our chemical subsidiary OxyChem manufactures the building blocks for life-enhancing products. Our Oxy Low Carbon Ventures subsidiary is advancing leading-edge technologies and business solutions that economically grow our business while reducing emissions. We are committed to using our global leadership in carbon dioxide management to advance a lower-carbon world. Visit Oxy.com for more information.
Occidental strives to attract and retain talented employees by investing in their professional development and providing rewarding opportunities for personal growth. Our goal is to meet the highest employer standards by ensuring the health and safety of our employees, protecting the environment and positively impacting our communities where we do business.
Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of SAP Finance Functional Analyst within our Corporate Finance department based in Houston, TX. Company headquarters are located in Greenway Plaza.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
This position provides financial business process support and leadership for Oxy’s world-wide e-Business Suite of applications. Primary responsibilities for the role are to participate in the global design, implementation and support of the RIO Business Transformation, including the design, implementation and production systems support of the SAP Business Suite of applications. Additionally, the role will support and maintain the legacy Oracle applications. The candidate will have applied experience in SAP based systems as well as knowledge and experience in Oil and Gas Industry business process. Candidate will be responsible for direction and supervision business processes and standards for the follow areas:
Core Finance (General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Cash Management, Cost Accounting, Profit Center Accounting)
• Responsible for the design and support the Business Process standards and systems controls
• Responsible for the maintenance and production support of Business Process enhancements and interfaces to/from the module applications
• Lead participant in the design, development and testing of Business Process Enhancements to the system for the modules
• Lead participant and coordinator for System Upgrade activities
Financial Reporting and Intercompany
• Responsible for the overall design of Financial Statement view reports and master data mapping standards
• Responsible for the overall design and support of the master data mapping standards for the Interface of data to the HFM application for internal reporting and consolidation requirements for the Company.
• Responsible for the business process design and support of the Intercompany Reconciliation Ledger in SAP which assists in managing the consolidation and elimination of intercompany balances globally.
• Responsible for the Business Process design and support for recording International Sales and Production volumes into SAP
Subledger Settlement processes and reconciliation procedures
• Responsible for the Business Process design and standards for Plant Maintenance (PM) Work Order (WO) Settlement Rules and support of the WO Settlement process to the General Ledger
• Responsible for the Business Process design and standards and support for Projects Settlement processes to the General Ledger
• Responsible for the Control Account Reconciliation process standards and support for Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Inventory, Goods Receipt/Invoice Receipt