|Date Posted||August 22, 2020|
Medline is seeking a talented individual who has experience with the SAP FI CO module and the passion to become a valued member of our team as an SAP FI CO Business Analyst.
The FI CO Business Analyst will work closely with our Finance, Accounting and Tax departments to support their processes and provide expertise and systemic enhancements to continue to grow their capabilities as we grow our business.
The FI CO Business Analyst will participate in SAP FI CO systems enhancements and support including configuration, testing, documentation, and user support for the SAP FI CO module.
- Primarily responsible for designing solutions to business challenges in their product and functional area
- Work closely with the business community to perform functional analysis for designing solutions, evaluating options that include but are not limited to: new program development, configuration of existing systems, business process redesign, new package/system evaluation or a combination of these options. Understand enough about each option to evaluate multiple options and recommend the best course of action based on requirements coverage and effort required
- Demonstrate functional product knowledge within area of responsibility. Serve as an I/S point person for addressing issues and enhancements related to the specific product and functional area
- Create business process designs (BPD) and business system designs (BSD) that meet the business needs, adhering to departmental documentation standards
- Work closely with business users to determine business requirements and translates them to system requirements
- Consider data sensitivity and process control to determine security and user authorization impacts. Works with manager and with corporate auditing to ensure that access to systems and data are authorized only to the proper people
- Deliver program requirements to developers and serve as the developer’s point of contact for clarification and follow-up throughout the development process
- Responsible for making software configuration changes to support business processes
- Responsible for the functional testing of the application (development and configuration) and the support of these applications when moved to production
- Adhere to departmental quality assurance and quality control standards during testing and implementation activities
- Analyze production issues as necessary to determine the cause of the issue and determine the necessary course of action for resolution
- Responsible for testing the solution and verifying that the production issue has indeed been resolved following implementation
- Consider technical and performance consequences when creating design deliverables. Use light technical skills in the appropriate tool set to analyze data and develop necessary %22work arounds.%22 Deliverables in this area are typically used to support the design and support process, not to be rolled out for productive use by business users
- Create and deliver user documentation as necessary to ensure proper use of changed and newly implemented efforts. Consider business processes and system interaction when creating this documentation. Determine proper delivery method for this communication: e.g. formal training, distribution of soft copy document, etc. Work with I/S training staff as necessary to ensure departmental consistency
- Work closely with other IT teams (Development, MM, SD, BI) to ensure FI CO designs are aligned with the overall SAP solution strategy and leverage the core systems features into FI CO where appropriate