|Location||Van Buren Charter Township, MI|
|Date Posted||January 12, 2022|
Job Description Summary
SAP Enterprise Architect will be responsible to manage and lead various initiatives in our SAP landscape. The scope of the work will include all aspects of infrastructure, database technologies, integration architecture and application layers. This role is expected to leverage his or her strong technical acumen to suggest new technologies, enhance existing technologies, and serves as the subject matter expert for all technology and architecture area.
- Act as the advisor to Technology and Architecture leader and help defining or updating the technology roadmap
- Ability to define project scope, create a project timeline and coordinate with the extended GE team and consulting partners to execute the projects
- Keep up to date on the technology in the market and could evaluate new technology and recommend the right solution
- Owns SAP ERP and legacy landscape integration and interoperability
- Acts as intermediary between different project teams on solution architecture
- Support Design, build and test activities
- Work alongside SAP Solution Architects and the Business design authority to agree overall design.
- Establish technical resource and skill needs to complete the work
- Participate in the design sessions for major projects and provide point of view
- Responsible to define the overall development standards, development process and documentation standards
- Responsible to define the strategy and process to handle major project upgrades
- Manage technology obsolescence risks and define roadmap changes that address the obsolesce risk
- Lead the effort to prepare for a S/4HANA upgrade
- Ability to pitch the value proposition of new process or technology to the senior leadership and executive time
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university or college with minimum of 12 years of professional experience OR Associates degree with minimum of 13 years of professional experience OR High School Diploma with minimum of 15 years of professional experience
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience in Enterprise Architecture or IT
- Note: Military experience is equivalent to professional experience
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
- A minimum of 15 years of professional experience in SAP technology (ABAP, Any Functional Area)
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No