|Published||August 22, 2023|
|Location||El Segundo, CA|
Company: KARL STORZ Endoscopy-America, Inc. (KSEA)
Job Code: 13368
Pay Grade: US-C17
Salary Range: $84,800 - $135,250
KARL STORZ SE & Co. KG based in Tuttlingen, Germany, is a family-owned, global company committed to benefiting humanity by advancing medical technology through innovation and education.
For more than 75 years, KARL STORZ has been dedicated to earning its international reputation as a leader that designs, engineers, manufactures, and markets all its products with an emphasis on visionary design, precision craftsmanship, and clinical effectiveness.
The SAP Developer performs ABAP /Fiori/BTP development as documented in the functional requirements and participates in business requirements meetings. The Developer participates in the development efforts independently for assigned Global SAP production support and projects. The Developer will learn SAP Best Practice knowledge to aid in the design process. The Developer performs the necessary development to convert the functional requirements into technical specs/designs to build a business solution. Ability to perform minor, mid-size, and complex ABAP /Fiori/BTP development tasks according to the functional specifications. The SAP Developer should be ready to learn innovative technologies as required by the KARL STORZ Application roadmap.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- Work as a production support or project team member to gather, analyze and create technical specifications
- Partner with analyst team(s) to understand complex business requirements research the best feasible options, and to propose the best solution
- Develop ABAP, Fiori, and BTP solutions as per assigned tasks
- Perform development work under supervision or independently
- Follow all SAP solution policies, procedures, control sets, and best practices
- Perform unit testing of your ABAP, Fiori, and BTP solutions/development
- Implement and document designed solutions and provide knowledge transfer to other team members
- Learn innovative technologies to keep pace with the SAP and other product development
- Maintain consistency of the Development objects between all the Environments in a multi-system Landscape
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Expert knowledge and skills in SAP ABAP/Fiori/BTP development in RICEFW - reports, interfaces, conversions, enhancements, forms, and Workflow, including:
- Interactive ALV Reporting
- CDS and AMDP
- SAP Workflow
- Sap scripts/Smart forms/Adobe forms
- Dialog programming and Performance Tuning
- Object-oriented programming
- User-Exits, BADI's, Enhancements, BDC's, RFC
- EDI, Idoc, ALE, Web Services, SAP CPI/Cloud Integration
- ABAP change and transport system (e.g., SAP TMS (STMS) and Solution Manager)
- Knowledge of SAP NetWeaver is highly desirable
- SAP technical design, development, and deployment experience is desirable as is experience with global rollouts
- Must have strong spoken and written English communication skills
- Must be able to collaborate and effectively work in teams
- Functional knowledge of SAP SD, MM, PP, and SM modules is desirable
- Knowledge of Vistex, OpenText, Vertex, and ProcessWeaver is desirable
- Strong analytical/logical reasoning/problem solving/debugging/performance monitoring skills
- Must be able to identify and eliminate repetitive tasks done by the developer, team, or KARL STORZ user
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree preferably in computer science; advanced degree preferred.
- Certified in SAP or S/4 HANA ABAP Development
- Certified in SAP CPI/Cloud Integration/Integration Suite
- Certification in SAP other modules, CPIM, CSCP, PMP, ITIL, and Agile preferred
- At least 4 to 6 years of SAP ABAP/Fiori/BTP development experience
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally (as needed)
- Must be able to drive safely for frequent business travel
- Injury and Illness Prevention Program; annually - OSHA requirement
- Quality System training
- IT Service Excellence
The salary range and/or hourly pay rate listed is a good faith determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job posting and may be modified in the future. When determining a specific team member's base salary and/or hourly pay rate, several factors will be considered including such things as location, specialty, service line, years of relevant experience, education, professional credentials, internal equity, and the amount budgeted for the role.
Credentialing requirements at KARL STORZ
KARL STORZ is committed to maintaining a safe work environment for our employees and customers. Most field-based roles at KARL STORZ require hospital credentialing/health screens as a condition of employment. Credentialing can include required vaccinations, health screens & other requirements as outlined by our customers. During the interview process, we encourage you to ask how credentialing/health screens may impact the role you are seeking and if you require any reasonable accommodations regarding these requirements.
Employee Benefits Program Overview for U.S. Locations
- Medical / Dental / Vision including a state-of-the-art wellness program and pet insurance, too!*
- 3 weeks vacation, 11 holidays plus paid sick time*
- Up to 8 weeks of 100% paid company parental leave**
- 401K retirement savings plan providing a match of 60% of the employee's first 6% contribution
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, STD, LTD & LTC Insurance
- We prepay your tuition up to $5,200 per year! - Tuition preimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement of up to $200 annually
- Employee referral program of up to $2,000 per hire
- And much more!
*Field sales, internships, and part-time employees are not eligible except where required by state law.
Non-employees, including temporary workers and consultants, are not eligible to participate in the KARL STORZ benefits program.
**To include, maternal/paternal leave, adoption, and fostering of a child.
KARL STORZ reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. Additionally, KARL STORZ, through its supervisors, may require an employee to perform duties outside their normal description within the sole discretion of the supervisor. Employees must comply will all applicable KARL STORZ policies and procedures.
Equal Employment Opportunity & Reasonable Accommodation Statement
KARL STORZ is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills and unique experiences. To achieve this goal, we are committed to diverse voices, and all applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. KARL STORZ is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. Should you need assistance or accommodation please email us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Notice to Employment Agencies
This recruitment assignment is being managed directly by KARL STORZ's Human Resources team. Human Resources will reach out to our preferred, contracted agency partners in the rare instance additional talent options are required. Your respect for this process is appreciated. KARL STORZ does not accept unsolicited Agency resumes. Resumes received which were unsolicited by the KARL STORZ Human Resources department will be ineligible for referral fees.