|Date Posted||December 22, 2020|
Are you looking for more?
At Mohawk Industries, we’re committed to more and technology is a key factor in making more happen – more customer solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable manufacturing and more opportunities for our team.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what’s important to you. Whether you want to lead more, innovate more, learn more or create more, you can find your more with Mohawk.
The SAP Developer executes all necessary activities to realize custom developed SAP programs, i.e. interfaces, reports, conversions, functional extensions etc. The SAP Developer develops the detailed technical specifications, writes the code, performs the unit testing and supports the integration testing.
Major Function and Scope:
- Works closely with the functional teams to understand and validate the functional requirements.
- Defines, documents and maintains the detailed technical specifications for the specific requested business requirements and functionality
- Develop, test & maintain ABAP programs for various SAP modules and complex functions. The ABAP work will involve interface realization (bapi, idoc), writing user exits, developing queries & reports, programs for data conversion (LSMW), document layouts for outputs (smartforms & SAPscript), etc.
- Prepares comprehensive and thorough documentation of the developed code.
- Executes unit testing to ensure the newly developed program performs as requested.
- Works with the functional teams to support integration and user acceptance testing and executes related bug fixing.
- Assists the SAP Support Specialists by troubleshooting and debugging and implementing SAP OSS notes if needed.
- Provides technical support to the various functional teams on ABAP programming related matters
- Performs job controls & background job scheduling
- Maintains effective and cooperative working relationships with process owners and project consultants.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Type of Experience and Knowledge:
Knowledge, Experience, Competencies and Supervision: Describe the education, knowledge required, years of experience, specific skills and abilities required to do the job on a fully competent basis.
- Graduation with a major in computer information systems, management information systems, computer science, computer engineering, or a (closely related field) similar expertise via past experience.
- Minimum of 3 years computer programming experience
- 3 years of recent, full-time, paid experience in SAP ABAP programming.
- Technical SAP knowledge of: ABAP programming language, bapi, idoc, ALV, SAPscript, batchinput, smartforms, LSMW, job scheduling, implementation of OSS notes, etc. Technical knowledge of SAP authorizations, java, SAP Netweaver, etc. is a plus.
- Knowledge of principles and techniques of systems analysis, design and testing, principles of program documentation, and principles of report, screen, and form design
- Knowledge of new trends in the field of information technology and SAP development
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of ERP applications, system development life cycle, dynamics of applications development projects, Information Technology practices and methods. Knowledge of EAI / integration principles a plus.
- General knowledge of SAP business processes & SAP modules.
- Proficient using PC, Internet and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
Competencies: Describe the specific skills required for this position in terms of technical, managerial, interpersonal skills and unique abilities.
- Ability to develop and code difficult and complex programs for SAP modules
- Ability to develop test data and analyze problems in programs
- Ability to recognize the critical elements of application problems, develop and evaluate data, determine solutions, and make logical recommendations
- Ability to express difficult and complex concepts clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Ability to write clear and logical program documentation
- Ability to work effectively and independently on assigned projects
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with administrators, staff and users,
- Ability to meet established priorities and schedules
- Ability to learn new concepts in information technology
- Ability to learn the characteristics of new systems and update skills to adapt to changing technology
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse and global work group and to achieve results through global team efforts. Ability to perform in a high pressure environment and/or crisis situation and render good decisions to resolve the problems, maintain safety and ensure adherence to Corporate Code of Conduct.
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.