|Date Posted||June 13, 2019|
Contract to Hire
[TEMP to PERM]
About our Client:
Every day our Client delivers safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. They are there when people need them the most. They connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and their industry is accelerating and our Client's expertise and track record puts them in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of the industry.
To be successful they must anticipate the needs of their customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires our Client to deliver on their promises and always look for new opportunities to grow.
The IT team is seeking an experienced, organized, and results-oriented SAP Deployment Lead. The role requires an extremely organized individual who pays close attention to details in order to help our programs and projects plan and execute complex deployments. This Deployment Lead will be responsible for planning large-scale SAP deployments from pre-cutover activities to post-deployment tasks which include a successful transition to our Application Maintenance teams. This role will report to the Directors in the SAP Portfolio within Global Solution Development and have high visibility and interactions within both IT and the business.
NOTE: At our Client, "Cutover " refers to the technical steps that must be executed during a project's go-live, typically during a weekend. "Deployment " refers to the overall process of taking a project or program live. In addition to including the Cutover activities, Deployment also includes things like pre-go-live readiness checks, mock cutovers, business activities, health checks and end user readiness. This role is for an overall Deployment Lead.
- Develop and own the overall Deployment workplan. This should contain a list of deliverables and activities that will be executed by the Deployment workstream.
- Provide written documentation describing a project or program's overall Deployment strategy
- Work with project and program workstreams to plan and develop detailed cutover plans, which include both technical and functional steps to be executed during the deployment phase.
- Identify risks, cross application dependencies and downstream impacts for each release
- Lead small team of cutover team members during the preparation and execution phases
- Lead deployment planning activities with IT, business and third party teams
- Determine go-live readiness criteria, socialize them with key stakeholders and obtain requisite approvals
- Plan and execute mock cutovers to help teams prepare for the final production cutover
- Establish and communicate the overall Deployment plan with senior stakeholders such as program management, business unit leads and the CIO
- Manage the scope and schedule of cutover activities
- Manages risks and issues associated with the cutover and prepare appropriate mitigation plans
- Provide detailed backout options for severe contingencies
- Ensure compliance with IT processes including proper documentation and securing approvals of requisite changes through our Change Advisory Board process
- Provide timely escalation to IT leadership where necessary.
- Liaise with the functional SAP experts and business teams in order to assist with the planning and execution of Deployment activities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled.