|Published||August 20, 2018|
The Project Manager Information Systems - SAP Delivery Lead, reporting to the Senior Manager Information Systems, will be based at Amgen Capability Center in Tampa, Florida. The Project Manager (PM) will be responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of Amgen’s Global ERP solutions in support of the company’s ongoing functional and geographical expansion and will ensure the SAP centric projects are successfully completed within the defined scope, quality, time schedule and budget. In addition, the PM will be expected to help with the continuous improvement of Amgen’s project delivery framework.
At Amgen, our mission is simple: to serve patients. Our new Tampa Capability Center provides essential services that enable us to better pursue this mission. This state-of-the-art center serves as a base for finance, information systems, and human resources professionals to make a meaningful impact at one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies.
- Lead and execute internal and outsourced projects in adherence to Amgen’s processes, procedures and controls as defined by Amgen’s PMLC, SDLC and compliance standards while utilizing the available tools and processes
- Manage and communicate a clear vision of the project's objectives and motivate the project team to achieve them through the creation of an environment that enables peak performance by team members.
- Generate and manage detailed project schedules, resource plans and cost plans
- Manage relationships with project stakeholders (internal and external), keeping stakeholders informed and manage expectations on all project requirements and deliverables.
- Proactive management of issues and risks, establishing mitigation and contingency plans
- Define and monitor success measures and performance metrics
- Deliver and continuously seek improvement of the project delivery capabilities and services within the Global ERP Center of Excellence
- Deliver and support global ERP projects in a regulated environment for a diverse and distributed user base while relying on a number of Enterprise shared services
Master’s degree & 3 years of information systems project management experience
Bachelor’s degree & 5 years of information systems project management experience
Associate’s degree & 10 years of information systems project management experience
High school diploma / GED & 12 years of information systems project management experience
- 10+ years related experience
- 5+ years of biotechnology or pharmaceutical experience
- Big 4 consulting experience desired. A project manager who has grown up through the SAP functional consulting ranks preferred
- Experience in SAP Functional solutions and implementations
- Experience working in a Global ERP single instance environment
- Experience with validated and/or controlled IT environments
- Experience with managing and overseeing multiple projects simultaneously
- A proven record of successfully applying project management controls to manage small to medium sized global ERP/SAP initiatives through all phases of its life-cycle
- Strong project management skills and the ability to function in multiple roles based on project demands
- Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking and leadership and ability to operate across multiple global geographies
- Demonstrated leadership of multidiscipline, high-performance work teams/groups
- Proven ability to manage project financials and ability to estimate or assist in estimation of project cost
- Expert in ASAP methodology and use of project management tools such as Microsoft Project, SharePoint, and other project collaboration tools
- Strong process orientation with significant attention to details
- Understanding of industry standard PMLC and SDLC
- Strong vendor management skills
- Ability to resolve conflicts and complex issues
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Results oriented & self-starter (Initiative)
- Problem solving abilities including self-confidence to ensure issues are escalated appropriately
- Effective interpersonal skills with ability to participate in and lead "Virtual" teams
- Business travel is required
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.