|Published||March 5, 2023|
15000 Valmont Plaza Omaha Nebraska 68154
We’re Here to Move the World Forward.
Valmont impacts millions of people around the world every day, yet they might not realize the many ways. Our technology is helping feed the growing population, supplying the world with more reliable energy and access to renewables, enhancing connectivity in remote and urban locations to create a sustainable future and so much more. Simply put, Valmont is advancing agricultural productivity and reimagining vital infrastructure to make life better.
Join a Fortune 1000 company that respects hard work, honors diversity and invests in our employees as we focus on creating the world of tomorrow, today. We are the modern workforce. Are you ready to move the world forward? Apply now.
The Data Lead will have a key role in leading data activities (migration/conversion/load) and coordinate across functional and technical leads, business users, and SAP subject matter experts to understand full impact of data activities. The Data Lead will also lead the execution of data activities during discovery and deployment phase and coordinate data verification with key stakeholders.
- This position reports to the Director of Data & Analytics, and though initially does not have reports, will lead a small team related to SAPs who will be on-site and off-shore.
- Travel requirements up to 10% both domestic and international and includes overnight stays
- Elaborate on strategy and processes for the tracking data activities, execution of data activities, and business verification of data activities once completed.
- Work on understanding and advising on SAP role mappings to business user functions; involves coordination with business leads and change management team in order to lead user provisioning activities for testing and production deployment.
- Work with SAP subject matter experts, functional leads, and technical leads to understand scope of master data loads required in test and production realms and lead the efforts of finalizing data to be loaded with business stakeholders.
- Understand end-to-end impact of data activities within and across SAP applications and integration with existing enterprise applications.
- The successful applicant will be responsible for physical migration (and steps to get there). Segregation of Master, reference and transactional data; assessment of data quality; management of risks associated with Data Migration; ownership of data extraction, transformation and migration activities; management of data validation processes for migrated data; identify data to be transitioned from legacy systems to S/4 HANA, (Plus archiving systems); defining the process and responsible for the data migration across all functional work streams; develop core data migration deliverables and technical assets and support the testing throughout the data migration test cycles.
- Expert experience with Syniti (SAP ADM).
- Partner with Test Lead and Deployment Lead to ensure all data activities are tested prior to deploying to production, and to coordinate successful deployment of data activities before/during/after production cutover.
- Provide input into Quality Gate reviews for all data related activities.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
What it takes:
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree with 3+ years relevant experience or Associate’s degree with 5+ years relevant experience or 7+ years of relevant experience
- 5+ years of SAP experience, especially in Finance, and Operations areas, and must have S4 HANA Data Migration experience with S/4HANA 1809 and above.
- Experience as Data Lead on multiple large-scale SAP implementations.
- Strong understanding of security role design, user provisioning processes and SOX impacts.
- At least 4 full lifecycle SAP implementation experience with the demonstrated ability and in-depth knowledge in all aspects of a SAP implementation and the relationships between each delivery phase.
- Ability to define and execute multiple detailed activity plans simultaneously while maintaining the ability to articulate progress and status clearly to key stakeholders and PMO.
- Demonstrated skills in customer facing activities covering requirements gathering, data preparation, cutover support and documentation preparation.
- Work with chosen vendor and existing legacy support teams to define a data migration strategy and plan.
- Natural ability to coordinate and facilitate discussions across resources with diverse skillsets (business/technical/functional) within a mixed team structure (customer, solution provider, multiple implementation partners).
- Strong understanding of Information marts, data models, structures, theories, principles, and practices
- Working technical experience with relational database servers, including Oracle, MS SQL
- Customer service mindset, and problem-solving skillset
- Strong interpersonal communication and training skillsets with ability to communicate in verbal and written form with English speaking business teams
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or MIS
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Strong history of delivering value added solutions to business users
- SAP BTP experience would be desirable
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. Some travel (up to 10%) both domestic and international with overnight stays. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].