|Published||August 16, 2023|
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We're looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
The mission of the Finance Business Process Knowledge Center is to provide technical and business process expertise to the global Order to Cash process. Order to Cash consists of 3 distinct sub-processes, which are core Order Management, Account receivables and credit management and Intercompany when relates to O2C transactions. Our team is responsible for providing business process and SAP training, consulting, high-level problem solving, process improvements, innovation, project implementations, and tool and process governance in an effort to promote the use of SAP and global tools such as Precisely, Process mining or AFI, to make the Order to Cash business processes more innovative, productive, and control-minded.
While this position will perform no IT technical configuration or SAP programming work, configuration knowledge and SAP implementation experience is strongly desirable. The position responsibilities focus on the usability of SAP and connected systems by our GBS Centers, Corporate functions, affiliates, and site personnel.
Have you acquired a solid foundation of using SAP SD module to facilitate business processes? Bring your skills and join our dynamic team of experts! You will make an immediate impact while growing in your career for years to come. If you have a growth mindset and the learning agility to draw upon previous experiences and apply them to new situations this is a great opportunity to you. Apply today!
Some opportunities/responsibilities in this role:
- Collaborate in cross-functional or larger projects within the organization
- Lead small and medium projects within Order to Cash, applying project management techniques as appropriate
- Support Design and development of business process and technical solutions to the global SAP environment in cooperation with information technology and business users
- Contribute to requirements gathering, design, testing, documentation, and training activities for projects impacting Order to Cash
- Provide Order to Cash expertise to other project groups: P2P, GA, Treasury, Tax, Data groups, etc.
Business Partnering and Innovation
- Build relationships with business partners and end-users to grow business process knowledge
- Network with external entities to gain knowledge of the latest business and technical trends, issues, and opportunities
- Leverage global Finance and Supply Chain experience to propose innovations that improve productivity and controls
Process and Tool Governance
- Work with process owners, controllers, Corporate Groups, GBS Center management, and auditors to ensure the system is compliant to all external requirements and internal productivity targets
- Prioritize system changes for break/fixes and enhancements in cooperation with the IDS and Data teams.
- Find opportunities to enhance technology usage and benefits within the V&C and SC SAP environment
- Use data, analytics, and process mining tools and techniques to gain practical business insights
Consulting and Problem Solving
- Provide initial consulting and suggestions to resolve issue to end-users related to Order to Cash questions and issues
- Resolve business and technical issues impacting global and local processes
- Identify and act on incremental innovation opportunities based on consulting requests received
- Understand basic master data and its impact on transactional processing and reporting; provide recommendations to issues, break/fixes, projects, and governance rules accordingly
- Understand basic SAP role group design and security authorizations; engage security experts as needed to ensure sensitive information is protected
Training Materials and Delivery
- Provide O2C business process and SAP training and formal knowledge transfer around key integration points and multi-functional implications of processes.
- Share key learning points and system changes to the global Order to Cash & Finance community to increase proficiency.
- Ensure training materials and process flows are up-to-date based on the latest system and business process changes
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Information Technology, Business, or a related field
- A minimum of 2 years of industry or related experience with business process knowledge and experiences in Finance or Order to Cash process (Order management or Intercompany)
- Previous experience in Order Management and/or Supply Chain (order management) department with customer facing responsibilities
- SAP related project, consulting, problem resolution, or power user experience
- Ability to appropriately diagnose SAP and business problems, select or create alternative solutions, and effectively implement the solution
- Ability to work independently and as part of a global, virtual, matrixed team
- Ability to cooperate with people at all levels of an organization
- Curiosity to uncover root causes of issues and the drive to correct and prevent them
- Committed and persistent to work thru ambiguity
- Effective project management skills to manage time, prioritize tasks, and implement mitigating steps to keep projects on schedule to meet targeted timelines
- Multi-lingual a plus
- Due to the nature of the global project and support activities, some "off hours" effort is required during peak business times
- Some international travel might be required
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively "Lilly") are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our employee resource groups (ERGs) offer strong support networks for their members and help our company develop talented individuals for future leadership roles. Our current groups include: Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Network, African American Network, Chinese Culture Network, Early Career Professionals, Japanese International Leadership Network (JILN), Lilly India Network, Organization of Latinos at Lilly, PRIDE (LGBTQ + Allies), Veterans Leadership Network, Women's Network, Working and Living with Disabilities. Learn more about all of our groups.