|Location||Franklin Lakes, NJ|
|Date Posted||October 6, 2019|
Our client is currently seeking a SAP Business Objects Administrator Consultant in Franklin Lakes, NJ or Bloomington, MN. If you are interested in the opportunity then please do respond me either via mail @ [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or call me on 610-619-6682.
Please provide a short summary of what the contractor would be doing on the job: The Business Objects Administrator will serve as a key member of the Enterprise Reporting team and will be focused on supporting Business Objects Tools and analytic capabilities. The candidate will be responsible for installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of the Business Objects shared environment.
The Business Objects Administrator will serve as a key member of the Enterprise Reporting team and will be focused on supporting Business Objects Tools and analytic capabilities. The candidate will be responsible for installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of the Business Objects shared environment.
- Installation, migration, configuration, maintenance, technical support and troubleshooting of Business Objects implementation in a shared environment.
- Participate in and contribute to the implementation of best industry practices for Business Objects tool set.
- Contribute to architecture and capacity planning activities.
- Conduct performance tuning and capacity management.
- Implement Server patch management where new patches and service packs needed to apply to fix bugs following Change Management process.
- Required to monitor/Handle BO services during windows servers? maintenance.
- Configure/Optimize Servers settings. Apply trace logs on servers in case of troubleshooting complex incidents.
- Regular BO repository Maintenance like Cleaning Orphaned Connection/Universe/Documents.
- Migration of reports/ universes/ users along with security settings from one DEV/QA stage to PROD Environment using Promotion Management tool following Change Management Process.
- Creating new project setup with security for new application.
- Design and implement security by creating of user groups, granting access to BOE applications to users and adding security restrictions (application level, folder level and object level) based on user profile and user groups.
- Troubleshooting report issues, system slowness. Create ODBC, OLE connections for SQL DB servers and TNS Entries in TNSNAME.Ora file on all BO processing servers.
- Create Users, Groups and User access levels and provide the access to users on request of Application team.
- Work with SAP Support in case any issue is not resolved internally.
- Explore new BI technologies to expand the tools team supports
- Work with the team and cross train on other BI tools such as Tableau and Alteryx to serve as Backup
- Provide off-hours and weekend support in an on-call rotation
- 5-8 year?s relevant Business Objects Administrator experience with Bachelor's degree or Master?s degree and 3-5 years Business Objects Administrator of relevant experience.
- Strong Technical knowledge and development experience of 5+ years with SAP Business Objects products; experience with Business Objects 4.2 preferred;
- SAP BOE (Business Objects) implementations on Windows and Linux Servers
- SAP BOE (Business Objects) upgrades
- Tableau Server experience would be a plus (would do backup for Tableau as well)