|Date Posted||October 8, 2019|
LMI is a government consulting firm headquartered in Tysons, VA, dedicated exclusively to advancing the management of the government. Delivering the best value for the government dollar as all revenues are directed to our mission of advancing government rather than to delivering shareholder value. We operate completely free of political and commercial bias, and we are entirely aligned with the goals of our clients. Our clients value our not-for-profit status and specialized services in defense, health, civilian, and national security markets. We believe government can make a difference, and we seek talented, hardworking people who share that conviction. LMI is seeking six SAP Business/Functional Subject Matter Experts (SME); these positions support the GFEBS Development & Modernization (DevMod) Team to ensure the GFEBS solution is meeting the end user’s needs as well as the development of new functionality. The GFEBS DevMod manages the sustainment contract with the System Integrator (SI) who is both technically and functionally responsible for the GFEBS system. Work location is Crystal City, Virginia.
The position is expected to oversee daily operations, monthly patch changes and support new enhancements through releases. Individual should be familiar with both ASAP and Activate (Agile processes for SAP) methodologies, able to connect phases to schedule and able to assess progress for senior leaders. Individual should have sufficient knowledge of SAP ECC and BWoH/HANA to be able to provide assessments as required. Individual may need to provide verbal and/or written recommendations and briefings as required. Individual must be able to work independently, but ensure government leadership is fully apprised or provides approvals where needed. Design system solutions and specifications incorporating software, data, network and hardware requirements. SAP SME will develop solutions for the full system life cycle. Ensure system designs are compatible with DoDAF architectures, DoD 8570 and FedRamp complainces. Identify and evaluate the relevancy of COTS and GOTS to satisfy user, mission and system needs. Ensure accurate documentation, thorough evaluation and complete traceability from inception through closure. Verify the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into systems solutions that incorporates functional, technical, schedule, performance and cost constraints. Execute functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into functional and technical specifications. Apply business process improvement practices to re-engineer business processes to improve the system efficiencies and user productivity. Expand or modify systems to enable new capabilities or improved workflows. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee appropriate IMS activities for Sustainment or Releases and ensure the Critical Path is identified and monitored
- Process Approvals within SAP Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC) for SI, Internal GFEBS PMO and restricted access for end users IAW guidance
- Review and approve cutover and migration plans created by SI for Patches and Releases
- Develop Independent Government Estimates for proposed enhancements tasked to the SI
- Review and provide recommendations to DevMod PD on any proposed changes that will impact the GFEBS environments (including Production)
- Oversee communications involving changes or issues affecting GFEBS Users and Partners
- Maintain a collaborative working relationship with USAFMCOM System Support Organization (SSO) ECC and BI/HANA Teams
- Ensure sustainment and enhancement tickets are categorized and prioritized appropriately
- Oversee meetings/workshops regarding sustainment risks, issues, changes and enhancements as required
- Provide Risk Assessments and Issue Status updates as needed
- Actively participate in regularly scheduled and deliverable reviews in support of DevMod
- Provide functional guidance to SI and recommendations to DevMod PD on critical or major incidents
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or related field
- 10+ years of functional expertise in SAP key modules including Finance, Supply Chain, Real Property
- 5+ years of technical knowledge of SAP for ECC, BW, BO, SRM, PI, Enterprise Portal, Solution Manager and HANA environments.
- Sustainment engineering support/technical solutions experience to resolve root causes of problems associated with capabilities in operations.
- Must possess and maintain an active Secret Security Clearance.
- Minimal travel; approximately 10%.
- 10 years of financial/business experience within DoD
- S4 HANA expertise in migrating ECC to S4.
- 5 years of experience developing or implementing SAP ERPs
- Certified in one or more of the SAP functional areas (Materials Management, Financials, Funds Management, Sales and Distribution, Plant Maintenance or BI/HANA)
- Experience with large business or technical systems to include exchanging data with other systems
- Previous experience working on an Army ERP PMO (GFEBS, GCSS-Army, LMP, AESIP)