|Published||September 7, 2018|
Responsible for the design, implementation, administration and maintenance of SAP, HANA/ASE, Microsoft SQL, Oracle databases and related Business Intelligence functions. Ensures system integrity, security, availability, backups and performance of all supported database systems. Participates as a team member in multi-disciplined teams to successfully implement and support systems. Provides on-call support on nights and weekends as needed. Performs duties in a safe, efficient manner and in compliance with all applicable rules and safety procedures.
Responsibilities and Specific Duties:
- Responsible for the configuration, implementation, administration and maintenance of all SAP and other non-SAP databases, ensuring they conform to established standards.
- Reviews, evaluates and designs databases for custom in-house applications, ensuring they conform to established standards.
- Responsible for implementation and testing of database patches and upgrades.
- In conjunction with system stakeholders, defines and configures system access and security in all database systems.
- Monitors, maintains, documents, and predicts database performance to meet established service levels.
- Develops entity relationship and data flow diagrams and documents all processes.
- Writes code for database access, modifications, and constructions, including stored procedures.
- Creates logical and physical data structures to support established application architecture standards.
- Establishes maintenance plans for each database, to include backups and recovery.
- Optimizes data models for maximum application performance and creates physical data models that provide high-level performance.
- Performs all facets of application integration, data extraction, data transformation, and data loading.
- Ensures all actions are in compliance with established internal controls and change management processes.
- Responsible for developing, implementing & maintaining database disaster recovery plans in compliance with the departmental and organizational disaster recovery plans.
- Responsible for rapid repair and recovery in system failure situations.
- Maintains strict confidentiality and security of sensitive data.
- Utilizes an incident management system to manage system related problem tracking and resolutions.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Promotes safety awareness and follows safety procedures in an effort to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Performs other duties as assigned.