|Published||August 29, 2018|
Vector Client in Arlington, VA is seeking several SAP Basis Administrators who will be responsible for the optimal performance and uptime of business critical SAP systems and databases across the global organization. The role sets up, administers and supports production and test environments.
The SAP Basis Administrator reports to the Sr. Manager of SAP & Middleware.
- Design, install, configure and administer SAP systems and databases
- Liaise with the business departments in analyzing and defining requirements
- Create detailed technical specifications
- Manage projects and ensure deadlines are met
- Implement SAP core patches
- Monitor enterprise gateways
- Ensure high availability of SAP systems and databases
- Analyze and troubleshoot lockouts, work process and job terminations or other issues
- Administer transport management and SAP basis standard jobs, print management
- Perform system integrations and migrations
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Knowledge of SAP basis systems
- Knowledge of Solution Manager, CCMS and other monitoring tools
- Ability to troubleshoot complex issues with SAP Systems
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong technical documentation skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, demanding environment
- Ability to work in a team environment
Required Education, Certifications/ Licenses, Related Experience
- BA/BS degree in Computer Sciences or related field
- 1-2 years of experience or 3+ years of direct experience
Physical Job Requirements
- This position requires the ability to remain in a stationary position (standing and/or seated) all of the time.
- The person in this position may need to move about the store(s), distribution center(s), warehouse(s), and/or corporate office(s) more than half the time
- The person in this position must be able to maneuver (lift, move, carry, slide, etc.) less than 15 lbs.
- This position operates machinery and/or equipment that requires the constant use of hands/fingers/wrists (ex: typing, sweeping) all of the time
- This position requires the ability to spend all of the time viewing computer monitors
- The person in this position must be able to identify and distinguish between colors more than half the time.
- This position commutes between regional offices/distribution centers less than 15% of the time within a day
- This position requires overnight domestic travel less than 15% of the time
- This position requires overnight international travel less than 15% of the time
- Anticipated travel will be by car, air, and/or train
Preferred Education, Certifications/ Licenses, Related Experience
- Knowledge of Oracle/SAP HANA Database Administration
- Knowledge of SQL and ABAP
Vector Talent Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age or genetic information.