|Published||September 20, 2018|
|Location||Colonial Heights, VA|
LMI is a government consulting firm headquartered in Tysons, VA, dedicated exclusively to advancing the management of the government. As a not-for-profit company, we deliver the best value for the government dollar as all revenues are directed to our mission of advancing government rather than to delivering shareholder value. We operate completely free of political and commercial bias, and we are entirely aligned with the goals of our clients. Our clients value our not-for-profit status and specialized services in logistics, intelligence, homeland security, health care, and energy and environment markets. We believe government can make a difference, and we seek talented, hardworking people who share that conviction.
For this positon, work location is on-site at Fort Lee, Virginia or at offsite facility located in Midlothian, Virginia.
- The SAP Basis Administrator is responsible for installing, configuring, updating (e.g. SAP Support Stacks and Enhancement Packs), patching (e.g. applying SAP Security Notes), migrating, managing application back-ups, and troubleshooting any problems that occur within the SAP system.
- Implement and maintain the multiple SAP instances that comprise the SAP environment (development, test, training and production).
- Maintain the integrity of the SAP environment by managing the SAP Correction and Transport System (CTS) to ensure all configuration and development objects are promoted properly.
- Introduce technical changes into the environment using a structured approach that minimizes risk and achieves high reliability, availability and performance of each SAP instance.
- Provides support to all special events such as Year End processing require additional transport management, which is handled on an as needed basis and / or as planned in the Year End or other event timelines.
- Provides support for all transports that are moved during major releases, requiring coordination with the Technical teams for the import of the transports.
- Maintain SAP performance by planning and executing SAP tuning strategies.
- Monitor all SAP systems (work processes, users, system logs, short dumps, locks, developer traces, system traces, disk space, etc.).
- The Basis team works with Infrastructure for both Disaster Recovery and management and correction of IAVA timelines across the OS, Oracle, SQL databases.
- Develop and maintain system documentation for all SAP instances and interfaces.
- Provide status reports for projects to management as needed and required
- Respond to Help Desk service requests/trouble tickets.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field, Master’s Degree preferred
- SAP Basis Professional Certification a plus.
- Security + Certification required
- 5 – 10 years of IT experience
- 5+ years of SAP Basis experience
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Project, Excel, Word
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and with multiple stakeholders across the AESIP, GCSS-Army program and Lead Software Integrator (LSI)
- Must be able to present ideas, concerns, and information in a clear and concise manner to all levels of Government and Program personnel
- Must have and maintain Secret Clearance and ability to obtain CAC card
- Up to 25% travel may be required