|Date Posted||October 6, 2018|
Kforce has a client in search of a SAP Basis Admin in Fort Washington, Pennsylvania (PA). This is a junior-to-mid-level role.
The SAP Basis Administrator is responsible for installing, configuring, updating (e.g. SAP Support Stacks and Enhancement Packs), patching (e.g. applying SAP Security Notes), migrating, managing application back-ups, and troubleshooting any problems that occur within the SAP system.
- Implement and maintain the multiple SAP instances that comprise the SAP environment (development, test, training and production)
- Maintain the integrity of the SAP environment by managing the SAP Correction and Transport System (CTS) to ensure all configuration and development objects are promoted properly
- Introduce technical changes into the environment using a structured approach that minimizes risk and achieves high reliability, availability and performance of each SAP instance
- Provides support to all special events such as Year End processing require additional transport management, which is handled on an as needed basis and/or as planned in the Year End or other event timelines
- Provides support for all transports that are moved during major releases, requiring coordination with the Technical teams for the import of the transports
- Maintain SAP performance by planning and executing SAP tuning strategies
- Monitor all SAP systems (work processes, users, system logs, short dumps, locks, developer traces, system traces, disk space, etc.)
- The Basis team works with Infrastructure for both Disaster Recovery and management and correction of IAVA timelines across the OS, Oracle, SQL databases
- Develop and maintain system documentation for all SAP instances and interfaces
- Provide status reports for projects to management as needed and required
- Respond to Help Desk service requests/trouble tickets