SAP BASIS Admin
|Published||July 31, 2018|
|Location||San Diego, CA|
The BASIS resource will be responsible for various SAP landscape activities such as environment installs, system copies, performance tuning, trouble shooting, transports and upgrades.
FUTURE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Hands on experience in SAP Business Suite in the following areas: Enterprise Portal, Gateway, Fiori, BI / BW, Business Objects, installations, upgrades, support of ERP, CRM, Solution Manager, GRC, PI/PO, Gateway, and other NetWeaver.
- Enterprise Portal: Installation, upgrade experience of Enterprise portal, Configure maintain Single Sign-On (SSO) between Portal and SAP systems. Performance tuning of EP.
- SAP HANA: Handling SAP HANA Administration, Installation and Patch upgrades. HANA Backup and Restore, HANA user security, HANA System Copy/Refresh using HDB backup/recovery methods.
- Post-system copy change processes.
- Knowledge in troubleshooting, performance tuning, and planning of the SAP landscape.
- System Administration: SuSE Enterprise Linux, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016, Sun Solaris.
- Database Administration: MSSQL Server, Oracle, SAP HANA
- Expertise in SAP Basis Client administration, System Landscape design, Spool management and transport strategy, TMS and Performance Tuning.
- Best practice knowledge of procedures and policies for post implementation support, backups, and recoveries, and disaster recovery strategy for all SAP Applications.
- Experience on Transport Management System (TMS), and third party transport management systems, including performing transports troubleshoots transport problems and resolve.
- Support experience of SuccessFactors, and Ariba on Demand, StreamServe, BSI TaxFactory, and OpenText Suite 16.
- Process Integration/Orchestration (PI/PO): Performed installation and post-installation steps of PI/PO.
- Solution Manager: Basic configuration, Business Monitoring configuration set up, using Solution Manager for automatic triggering of emails for alerts.
- Provide Onsite and on call support.
- Attend service review meetings covering performance, service improvements, quality, and processes.
- Own incident, problem, and change management across all competencies including the technical part of the SAP application as well as infrastructure
- Interface with all delivery competencies including application, database, hardware also including service center to resolve issues.
- Communicate to Client, BASIS Leads, Managers and SAP Service Delivery Manager on major escalations.
- Provide Client Satisfaction from delivery.
- Technical documentation skills a must.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE
SAP HANA Experience - required
HANA Certification - required if they don't have it, they need to be on track to get it in 6-8 months
Fiori - required
SAP Mobile Platform - required
SAP Business Suite (ERP, Portal, BI/BW, CRM, Solution Manager, PO, Business Objects,) - required
Microsoft Windows Server Administration - required
Microsoft SQL Server Administration - required
SUSE Enterprise Server - required
SAP TDMS - a plus
BSI TaxFactory - a plus
Public Sector experience - a plus
OpenText Content Server, Archive Server, and Directory Services - a plus
A Bachelors and/or a Master's degree preferred in Computer Science
At least 10 years of external consulting OR corporate experience in the SAP Basis space
Find Us on Facebook!
Follow Us on Twitter!
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Beacon Hill Technologies, a premier National Information Technology Staffing Group, provides world class technology talent across all industries on a contract, direct (permanent), contract-to-direct and project basis. Beacon Hill Technologies' dedicated team of recruiting and staffing experts consistently delivers quality IT professionals to solve our customers' technical and business needs.
Beacon Hill Technologies covers a broad spectrum of IT positions, including Project Management and Business Analysis, Programming/Development, Database, Infrastructure, Quality Assurance, Production/Support and ERP roles.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill HR, Beacon Hill Legal, Beacon Hill Pharma and Beacon Hill Technologies by visiting www.beaconhillstaffing.com.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future™