|Published||July 30, 2022|
The SAP Application Development Principal serves as a senior technical expert on complex and challenging information technology projects.
The SAP Application Development Principal design, develop, test, implement, and provide support of development objects for the global SAP instance. Essential duties include developing SAP solutions utilizing development in various areas and customize and support the implementation of future SAP modules; ensure custom developments utilize newer technologies and tools; and work closely with the Functional, BASIS, and security team to coordinate testing, validation, and ensure the timely delivery of high quality solutions.
This position requires strong technical leadership skills responsible for the coding practices, development, and support of enterprise-class applications across all key process areas such as O2C, Source to Pay, HR and Finance.
The SAP ABAP/Fiori techno functional developer will work with Functional and Technical Developers to support and implement company's global processes primarily using standard SAP solutions as well as other supporting business process. The primary responsibility of this technical position is to coordinate and perform requirements analysis, process design, development and maintenance of SAP applications to create value through productivity gains, improved business performance and improved decision support.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide solutions in resolving complex problems related to technical and functional aspect of all major process areas in SAP
- Lead solution design as techno functional expert around ABAP, Fiori, CPI and SCP to ensure all connected on prem and cloud applications are performing optimally and as per customer expectation
- Understand business needs and lead thoughtful techno functional design discussions around meeting those business needs fully leveraging SAP standard product capabilities for both on prem and cloud applications
- Develop and maintain architectural and design framework and work as part of a cross functional team to develop creative business solutions within that framework
- Provide thought leadership, mentorship, and forum leadership in the areas of responsibility
- Provide process leadership in moving projects, enhancements, incidents, and changes through to production and lead resolution to escalations and issues
- Develop detailed functional and technical specifications for changes to SAP systems.
- Consult with other ABAP and Integration developers and provide technical specs to develop optimized solutions
- Perform unit testing of changes (configuration, custom development, etc.) in development and staging environments, including regression testing of functionality that may be impacted.
- Coordinate and drive end to end integrated testing of changes (configuration, custom development, etc.) in development and staging environments.
- Provide prototypes and implementation of new functionality based on LYB's needs
- Provide ad hoc training and consulting to business super users as required in run and maintain activities, such as remedial training, issue resolution, etc.
- Provide oversight and guidance to other team members to resolve critical issues
- Solid understanding of SAP ECC 6.0 or higher, SCM 7.0 and higher with experience preferably on S4 HANA
- Well versed with SAP debugging and trouble shooting
- APO integration with ECC and BW
- Strong knowledge of ABAP, UI5, IDOC, CIF, ABAP, Data Dictionary, HANA, WebDynpro, BRF+, Workflow, CPI, SCP, OData Services, NetWeaver Gateway
- Strong knowledge of reports (Classic / Interactive Reports, ALV)
- Experience with Solution Manager and CHARM
- Knowledge, and preferably, hands on experience of new SAP technologies such as S4, IBP, Success Factors and new APO capabilities would be added advantage
- Solid data analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in working with geographically dispersed clients and resources
- Ability to engage with internationally distributed development teams.
- Ability to create and meet timelines cognizant of business needs and constraints.
- Highly self-motivated, driven work ethic, keen attention to detail and exceptional customer service orientation
- Good communication skills including ability to communicate technical information in an understandable manner to non-technical audiences through writing and presentations
- Strong analytical skills; ability to perform system analysis and draw conclusions by relating information from different sources, including root-cause analysis and issue resolution
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Bachelors' degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- 10 years of experience in SAP ABAP, UI5 and Integration with a minimum of 4 years working experience in UI5 development using SAP WebIDE (Cloud Version)
- SAP certification on multiple technology areas like ABAP, Fiori, CPI areas
- SecDevOps qualifications are a plus
- Chemical/Energy industry background is a plus
Builds effective teams
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2022, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the "World's Most Admired Companies" for the fifth consecutive year.
We have the potential - and responsibility - to use this scale and reach to make a positive impact across our value chains. That's why we are working to make meaningful progress to address some of the world's most pressing challenges such as reducing plastic waste in the environment, helping to mitigate climate change and contributing to a thriving society for our employees, the communities where we operate and the people who depend on our products. To learn more, click here.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston