SAP Analytics Architect
|Published||September 2, 2018|
Arconic Engineered Structures (AES) is seeking an SAP Analytics Architect. This role will be responsible for the development, support and maintenance of SAP BI/BW 7.3 and Business Objects 4.2 connected to ECC 6.0 system including the following SAP functional areas: PP, QM, PM, MM, SD, FICO, HCM, and PS. The ideal candidate will engage respectfully with all stakeholders, anticipate challenges, proactively bring solutions, and champion integrity. If this describes you, then we encourage you to apply. This position is based in either Niles, OH or Pittsburgh, PA.
Arconic Engineered Structures (AES) serves the global aerospace and automotive markets with the most specialized engineering, highest quality, and the greatest breadth and depth of forgings and extrusions. Our vertically integrated capabilities and deep materials science expertise in aluminum and titanium structural casting is taking the industry to new heights. This BU is also home to our suite of direct and hybrid additive offerings. Headquartered in Cleveland, OH; AES employs 6000 people in 6 countries at 30 locations. AES is a business unit of Arconic (NYSE: ARNC).
- Strong base salary plus variable compensation bonus structure
- Generous Health Benefits beginning day 1; medical, life, dental and vision plans
- 401(k) Program with a Company Match (up to 6%)
- Retirement contribution (3%)
- Competitive annual vacation accrual
- 10 annual paid holidays
Profile: SAP Analytics Architect will be responsible for the development, support & maintenance of SAP BI/BW 7.3 and Business Objects 4.2 connected to ECC 6.0 system including the following SAP functional areas: PP, QM, PM, MM, SD, FICO, HCM, and PS. The SAP Analytics Architect will be responsible for requirements gathering, analysis, design, and development of SAP BW backend components and the integration with Business Objects for front end reports and dashboards. In addition to the technical responsibilities, this individual will be responsible for working directly with our end user community to provide ongoing support and will work closely with project leaders and the business teams to design, develop, and support SAP BI/BW solutions that meet business requirements.
Essential Functions: The SAP Analytics Architect within AES includes both technical skills and interpersonal skills essential to team work. Examples include but are not limited to:
- Execute BW/BI 7.3 Development applying BW best practices and standards
- Analyze and configure BW/BI 7.3 data environment to facilitate custom reporting and data analytics solutions
- Build and enhance BI objects such as InfoObjects, InfoCubes, InfoSources/Data Sources, Master Data, Transfer Rules and Transformations, Update Rules, ODS, Extractors, Infosets, Aggregates, Process Chains, User Exits
- Interact with business to gather requirements, prioritize work, develop enhancements to the existing system, coordinate testing, and perform change management/training for BW reporting and applications
- Monitor BI loads, communicate and troubleshoot issues with data integrity, data design, and functional and technical software issues
- Design complex, custom BW solutions or component objects translating complex requirements into an optimal BW design
- Perform routine program modifications, performance tuning, problem solving, debugging, and unit testing
- Support the on boarding and training Business Information users. This includes providing technical training of Web Intelligence, BO Explorer, BO MS Analysis and BO Dashboards.
- Develop BW structures and support for ETL processes for data feeding in / out BW
- Design data structures to optimize data load times and end-user data access response times
- Design processes to minimize data quality risks and proactively identify potential data issue
- Perform analysis and design; write technical specifications; configuration and programming in the SAP/BI environment, including testing and implementation
- Build Business Objects dashboards and reports using BO Dashboards, Web Intelligence and MS Analysis
- Prepare project related documentation (functional design, technical design, test scripts) during the different stages of a project
- Unlimited Thinking-Thinks beyond existing limitations and sets highly challenging aspirations.
- Self Determination- Shows a strong conviction conveyed by clear, concise, strong messages
- Risk Preference-Drives an environment of acceptable risk taking within the context of accountability
- Change Orientation- Prepares, adapts or restructures the organization in order to best respond to anticipated changes
- Business Competence- Possesses broad business knowledge (portfolio, sector, competitor know-how) and a strong strategic orientation
- Learning -Demonstrates continuous learning by example
- Communication -Communicates clear direction, strategic intentions, objectives and impact
- Networking- Initiates and maintains relevant partnerships to achieve business objectives.
- Coaching and Mentoring-Creates an environment where people feel valued and are empowered and encouraged to learn and teach others
- Team Dynamics -Creates an environment where team members are excited about their work and encouraged to achieve to their highest potential
- Decision Making-Takes ownership for critical decisions within the framework of the defined strategy
- Results Orientation- Aligns activities & resources to achieve goals in light of changing conditions
- Strategic Orientation-Executes long term adaptations to the organization to respond to business needs and demands
- Arconic’s Values -Shapes Arconic’s values and mission and is a role model for the organization.
- Customer focused-Understands customers’ strategies and goals; drives customer value generation.
- Autonomous yet strong team player. Demonstrated ability to work with management to consolidate issues and opportunities into actionable, efficient plans. Inspires trust and instils a strong climate of collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strategic and analytical thinker with a propensity for finding solutions to complex problems. Ability to influence others when the right answer is known.
- Organizing, planning, and prioritizing work- Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize and accomplish work results.
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Stress Tolerance — Job requires dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Disciplined Execution — Job requires being self-accountable and being diligent when executing to the plan.
- Written and Verbal Expression — The ability to communicate information and ideas verbally and in writing so others will understand.
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Time Management — Managing one's own time effectively.
- Problem Sensitivity — The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong and report issues early as well as being part of the solution.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution;
- Minimum 3 years of SAP experience;
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR), which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- 7 years’ experience of development in SAP Business Warehouse;
- ABAP Programming knowledge as it pertains to SAP Business Warehouse;
- 3 years’ experience of development in Business Objects including Central Management Console;
- Proven experience in the design of a Global Data Warehousing Strategy;
- Working knowledge of SQL language;
- Working knowledge of 2 or more SAP functional areas (SD, PP, MM, QM, FI, CO, PM, WM);
- Hands on Experience with Microsoft Power BI;
- SAP Hana knowledge and/or certification.