|Date Posted||September 11, 2021|
The Logistics Specialist will assist with the monitoring and maintaining of daily operations within the Logistics Department as it relates to SAP system maintenance, system improvements, systems issue reporting and general system trouble shooting. The Logistics Specialist primary function is to identify and improve systemic gaps within SAP and various Logistics work processes. Assists with SAP knowledge development within all Logistics groups and training of plant local key users.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Be a Subject Matter Expert with SAP (Key user)
- Primary contact for new customer SAP, EDI, and ASN set-up
- Make corrections, repair, and/or reconfigure customer EDI forecast and release transmissions
- Write new processes and procedures for SAP user interface
- Create business process related concepts for optimizations (system improvements) and projects
- Participate on a team with other SAP Support personnel who support other SAP Logistics (Supply Chain) modules in other regions
- Lead project to support Logistics efficiency improvements
- Responsible for leading annual plant physical inventory from Logistics perspective
- Responsible for coordinating testing within SAP module
- Support SAP implementations regionally/globally
- Participate in cross functional SAP projects as required
- Initiate system changes to and communicate with Global Key Users
- Assist departments in plant with SAP related issues, assignments, or improvements.
- Provide training to new Logistics' employees as it relates to SAP and system maintenance.
- Create and maintain work instructions for Logistics functions in Shipping, Receiving, Inventory Control, Material Planning, Production Planning, and Customer Service areas.
- Support regional projects and read across of systemic improvement initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
This job has no supervisory responsibilities. May delegate work to others when necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent experience, preferably in the automotive industry
- Minimum 5 years experience working in Logistics (Supply Chain) or a Logistics (Supply Chain) support function (plant Logistics (Supply Chain) experience preferred)
- Experience with SAP (required)
- Ability to work in teams and independently
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Good oral and written English skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Training experience
- Experience traveling internationally
Must be fluent in English. Able to write routine reports and correspondence and communicate effectively with peers, managers, and directors. Present to groups of customers or employees of the organization. Values and considers the perspectives and backgrounds of all parties.
Ability to apply advanced mathematics as typically taught during a four-year college or university course.
Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete or abstract variables in standard and non-standard situations. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret and explain policies and procedures.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Dynamic communication / inter-personal skills
- Highly organized and possess good decision-making and problem solving skills
- Excellent attendance record
- Exemplary written and verbal communications skills
- Knowledge and experience with SAP integration preferable
- Ability to multitask and exhibit attention to detail
- Root cause analysis and problem solving skills (5 WHY, 8D, etc...)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear, up to 90% of the day. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The environment will vary in this position based on assignments. When working in the office, environment noise is generally minimal.
The environment in manufacturing plants and testing labs are often loud, hot, and with particulates in the air. Working environment may contain potentially hazardous materials such as acids, solvents, oils, and common etchants. In such environments, adherence to PPE regulations is required.
Employees must be able to work additional hours and/or additional days during the payroll week, which can and will be in excess of forty (40) hours per payroll week.
Domestic/international travel with/without overnight stay may be required.
*No Sponsorship Available*