|Date Posted||January 12, 2019|
SAP AFS Consultant
Apex Systems is searching for a highly qualified SAP AFS Consultant with strong understanding of the procure to pay process. This is a 6 month contract to hire position for our prominent footwear client located in Niwot, Colorado.
Rate: Competitive – let’s talk!
Duration: 6 month contract to hire; there is also a direct hire option
Please reach out to James at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] with your most up-to-date resume as well as contact information. Please suggest a few times we can connect today or tomorrow.
The primary responsibility of this position is to support the development and integration of systems to support internal business functions. Incumbents in this position are viewed as partners to the business units and use their solid understanding of business operations to help build solutions to meet business unit needs. Incumbents use in-depth knowledge across a broad spectrum of business applications to determine best solutions and have expert knowledge in one or more functional areas of an ERP system; specifically the SAP MM module with a broad knowledge of Product Lifecycle Management within SAP’s Apparel & Footwear Solution (AFS).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
General Job Duties
- Under guidance, work as a member of project team to apply knowledge of business operations to understand information needs of the business unit and determine best technology to meet the needs.
- Provide input in the analysis, design, enhancement and implementation of business applications to support internal business functions.
- Analyze business processes, identify causes of problems and make recommendations for process improvements.
- Resolve less complex design problems.
- Follow established testing procedures to ensure application is thoroughly tested during development and prior to release.
- Monitor and report to management on project/program status, identify issues that may impede attainment of project goals, recommend and implement corrective measures.
- Continuously expand knowledge in area of specialization.
- Perform other duties as required.
Specific Job Duties
- Experience with utilizing and configuring SAP MM modules (at least 4 years)
- Familiarity with Product Lifecycle Management functionality and industry solutions with an emphasis on integration and leading practice.
- Assist with the implementation and on-going maintenance, design and support of the solution
- Ability to work directly with customers to gather requirements and develop functional specifications.
- Work directly with developers on issue resolution and new functionality design
- Perform unit and functional testing
- Create and maintain technical and functional documentation
- Act as Tier 2 production support handling complex issues across the SAP Landscape
- Ability to interact with all levels of the business all the way up to and including the CIO
- Work with both on-site and off-shore resources, as required
- Bachelors in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years of experience in business systems and applications development and implementation.
- 2-4 years of SAP experience in MM and/or integrated modules.
- Thorough understanding of one or more transaction processing technologies and/or data warehousing technologies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills – must be able to work effectively as part of a project team and foster team cooperation.
- Demonstrated project management skills, including budgeting and managing timelines.
- Stays current with rapidly changing technology and applies it to business needs.
- Must be able to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Professional certification as warranted.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178