|August 2, 2018
The Administrative Assistant in this role provides clerical support to the plant engineering department. This position also assists in data entry, time sheet entry, tracking up and down time of machinery and other administrative duties as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides clerical support to the plant engineering department and purchasing.
- Track capital and major repair spending weekly.
- Assist with yearend process by closing work orders from previous fiscal year and creating new work orders for upcoming fiscal year.
- Backup to purchaser for spare parts and office supplies.
- Backup for cycle count inventory in the parts room.
- Track PM Compliance and report weekly.
- Backup to planner for notifications and PM’s schedules.
- Update work order process in SAP Computer Maintenance System (CMS).
- Maintain equipment in SAP.
- Post mechanic’s time in SAP and reconcile that against payroll.
- Performs administrative duties such as filing and data entry, running mechanical downtime and uptime reports.
- Reconcile capital and major repair work orders.
- Complete weekly budget report.
- Create purchase orders when necessary for invoices, capital, major repair or special projects.
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Provide support for Maintenance Reliability initiative.
- Expected to adhere to safe work practices becoming of a VPP Star worksite, follow GMP and HACCP guidelines, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained in order to maintain SQF Level 3 certification. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Attends various meetings, takes notes and distributes minutes to appropriate personnel.
- Organizes Process Safety Management and the Environmental program and updates action items including contractor orientation when necessary for compliance with regulations.
- Generates and tracks maintenance work orders.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
One year certificate from college or technical school or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS:
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups, customers/vendors or employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Specific skills and abilities required that are not included in other sections:
- Two years post high school with emphasis in business/accounting, plus 2-3 years’ experience in a professional business environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- Personal computer experience SAP, Cadd, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Microsoft Projects is required.
- Basic understanding of storeroom inventory and cycle count criteria
- Attention of detail, prioritizing tasks, and organization skills are required to complete multiple work assignments in a timely manner and represent the Maintenance Department in a professional manner is required
- Basic math skills
- Customer service capabilities
- Basic computer skills with ability to input data into the SAP system
- Light typing skills
- Ability to work indoors in normal office setting for duration of shift.
- Ability to answer phones and receive pertinent information