|Published||September 27, 2018|
Job Role: Accounts Payable
Location: Paramus, NJ
Duration: 3 Months Contract
The Accounts Payable Analyst is responsible to fulfill all A/P functions of his/her assigned Business Units to ensure timely payment of all vendor invoices and check requests. Provides support to Senior A/P Analyst and Manager - Disbursements.
- Responsible for all Accounts Payable functions for assigned Business Units.
- Responsible for following all department and Company policies and procedures.
- Coordinates the preparation and computation of accurate Accounts Payable records.
- Enters invoices and check requests into the SAP system.
- Verifies and ensures the accuracy of data entered into SAP A/P system. Makes any necessary corrections.
- Responsible for disbursement of company funds. Processes check runs at assigned frequencies.
- Reviews match exception log and resolve problems.
- Uses good judgment in consulting with superior on all matters in which he/she is uncertain of the proper application of Company policies.
- Posts Account Payable data within A/P module. Analyzes query results for any unposted or erroneous data.
- Assists in development & testing of test scripts related to upgrades in A/P module.
- Resolves invoice discrepancies with Procurement staff and/or vendors.
- Responds in a timely fashion to all vendor inquiries.
- Analyzes and summarizes monthly Procurement Card transactions for entry into a system.
- Reviews positive pay suspect items and evaluates and notifies bank regarding the validity of payment.
- Processes void checks. Evaluates the reason for void and determines appropriate system procedures to void the check and close liability or to void the check and reissue replacement check.
- Places Stop Payments with the bank via an Internet or through bank software via modem.
- Works on special projects as assigned.
- Works with internal/external auditors during interim and year-end audits.
- Works with accountants to ensure proper coding of expenditures.
- Provides support to Supervisor Accounts Payable and Director-Accounts Payable
- Handles other responsibilities as assigned.
- Reconciles Accounts Payable data to General Ledger.
- (Responsibilities may vary by Analyst to ensure proper segregation of duties.)