|Published||June 30, 2023|
Carpenter Technology Corporation is a leading producer and distributor of premium specialty alloys, including titanium alloys, nickel and cobalt based superalloys, stainless steels, alloy steels and tool steels. Carpenter's high-performance materials and advanced process solutions are an integral part of critical applications used within the aerospace, transportation, medical and energy markets, among other markets. Building on its history of innovation, Carpenter's wrought and powder technology capabilities support a range of next-generation products and manufacturing techniques, including novel magnetic materials and additive manufacturing.
SAP ABAP SYSTEM ANALYST
Location: Raleigh, NC or Reading, PA or Latrobe, PA or Philadelphia, PA
US Citizens or Green Card Holders only due to ITAR/EAR compliance
The SAP ABAP System Analyst will . . .
* Identify and lead business outcome improvement initiatives and use of configuration design in S4 HANA to meet requirements in the following areas: data flow and governance, business process execution and automation (productivity, time management, quality, cost, standardization).
* Execute S4 HANA configuration design, testing and approvals in order to implement business performance optimization initiatives.
* Identify and / or lead business performance optimization efforts through the evaluation and review of current process(es), data flow and requirements, and performance metrics (key performance indicators).
* Drive data analysis with predictable outcomes in decision making to lead improvements in business outcomes and prioritization of overall team efforts.
* Co-lead with business owner stakeholder(s) improvement strategies and the identification of change management implications.
* Identify and co-lead with business owner stakeholder(s) any data migration or update requirements and activities.
* Identify detailed requirements for overall implementation stages and stakeholder requirements (including business owner(s) requirements for training, testing and adoption planning and execution).
* Provide input into required end user training documentation materials, business process procedures, and may support training delivery of new or changed system or business process design.
* Analyze and monitor implemented changes to business processes and make adjustments as needed.
* Guide business stakeholders to perform assigned tasks in accordance with established standards and templates in order to identify and meet agreed upon milestones and overall timeframe to implement improvement initiatives.
* Present progress reports, offer alternatives and/or solutions to address feedback or schedule (timeframe) risks.
* Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
Requirements for the SAP ABAP System Analyst
* Bachelor's Degree or foreign equivalent required from an accredited institution, preferably in Computer Science or other related discipline
* 10+ years of related experience with Production Application Support of Material Management modules in SAP and related business processes as well as master and transactional data governance requirements.
* Material master, vendor master, purchase info record, source list
* Purchase requisition to purchase order processing
* Release strategies for both purchase requisitions and purchase orders
* Inventory management
* Warehouse management
* Material requirements planning
* Invoice verification
* Integration between Plant Maintenance module and procurement and inventory
* 10+ years of experience: EDI/IDOCS, OpenText Vendor Invoice Management (VIM), Ariba procurement platform (implementation and / or support)
* 6+ years of experience and proficient in ABAP Programming.
* 5-7+ years of related experience in Project Management
* Experience with SQL Reporting and PowerBI and FIORI
* Experience with APIs, RFCs, and IDOCs to communicate with other software systems.
* Experience in SAP ABAP with focus on MM, FI & QM modules, User Exits, Reports, Dialog Programming, Interfaces, Smart Forms, Scripts, Adobe Forms, WebDynpro, Enhancement Framework
* Expert in ABAP debugging and analyze existing programs and provide forward-thinking solutions.
* Demonstrated leadership of full life-cycle SAP MM implementation or enterprise wide redesign preferred
* Experience in supporting Warehouse management (added advantage but not required)
* Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, leadership skills, collaboration skills and analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Ideal candidates needs to have effective time management and organizational skills with demonstrated continuous improvement outcomes with enterprise-wide qualitative results.
* Ability to travel within and outside United States for business related requirements.
Carpenter Technology Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees.
Carpenter Technology Corporation's policy is to fully and effectively maintain a program of equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ affirmative action for all protected classes, and to recruit and develop the best qualified persons available regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company also will recruit, develop and provide opportunities for qualified persons with disabilities and protected veterans.