|Published||July 18, 2023|
At Gerber Childrenswear we stand for quality, everyday comfort, and safety. From the clothes we design, to the fabrics we select, to our focus on sustainability and community, we have got what baby needs for their first 1000 days and from one generation to the next.
Our mission is to be trusted partner to those all responsible for the parenting journey. We do this by seeking every day to answer the question -Will this be safe and bring comfort and joy to every child?
We are dedicated to our mission and passionate about collaboration, moving quickly, breaking down barriers, leveraging technology, eliminating bureaucracy and constantly striving to evolve. Our cultural foundation is built on quality, trust, and value, all bundled together in 90 years of happy little clients while focused on continuously improving to ensure many more years of happy little clients.
Who We Are Looking For:
This role will support and advise on the development of SAP Modules by understanding the requirements of internal customers and recommending application performance improvements to ensure alignment with business requirements. This role will also involve performing complex SAP ABAP design, development, coding, testing, debugging, and correction of work related to the implementation, enhancement, and support of SAP modules. The programmer/developer will ensure that enhancements and changes meet established business requirements and are delivered with high level quality.
This position is not a contact role, but a full time opportunity with our team.
This position is not remote but does offer a hybrid in office/home schedule.
Your Responsibilities to the Team:
- Act as a creditable subject matter expert, providing sound technical development expertise. Work with stakeholders to establish technical specifications based on business requirements.
- Maintains, documents and provides technical support for new SAP ABAP solutions including escalated troubleshooting, debugging and resolving defects.
- Designs, develops, codes, and tests complex programs for SAP modules and functions using ABAP programming language.
- Problem management of recurring issues and analysis associated with ERP application components.
- Creates specialized reports for SAP modules using ABAP programming languages.
- Designs forms and screens for SAP modules using tools such as SAPscript and SmartForms.
- Accountable for smooth integration between SAP and Non-SAP Interfaces.
- Provides technical support to users on matters related to complex programming of SAP modules.
- Trains users in the use of forms and complex reports and provides technical assistance.
- Prepares comprehensive and thorough technical program documentation including but not limited to specifications, test conditions, test plans, and test data.
- Always tests changes/enhancements in a Development & QA environment before live implementation. Coordinates user liaison and business unit quality assurance methodologies and production implementation practices per corporate standards.
- Completes assigned tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
- All other duties as assigned.
What You Bring to The Team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering or other closely related field required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in US for any employer without VISA sponsorship (US citizen or Green Card holder).
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience with SAP ABAP development required.
- SAP HANA experience strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of data dictionary, screen painter, menu painter, ALE, ALV, BADIs, BAPIs, BDCs, IDOCs, RFC, user exits, OSS notes, configuration, module pool, LSMW, is required.
- SAP Smart Forms and SAPScript development experience required.
- Experience with developing barcode labels (UPC, Serial Number/Batch, Shipping Labels), etc.
- Competent in developing technical specs, test plans, test data, forms, reports, interfaces, conversions, and enhancements.
- Experience developing user exit enhancements and reports / custom tables and transactions.
- SAP SD and WM experience desirable.
- Module pool for RF transactions.
- Experience with EDI desirable
- Must have the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences both in person and in writing.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain strong organizational skills.
- Candidate must be able to effectively communicate well with IT team members, staff and vendors.
- Have the ability to create and provide better business practices and introduce new technology to the company staff. Abilities include being comfortable learning and using new technologies, able to work on multiple projects at one time in a fast-paced team environment.
- Be able to troubleshoot and research problems independently as well as part of a functional team.
- Ability to produce clearly written, well-organized documentation.
- Strong communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills. Ability to execute training sessions and conduct meetings.
Powered by JazzHR