SAP ABAP Developer
|Published||April 22, 2022|
|Location||San Antonio, TX|
Designs, develops, tests and maintains SAP software programs based on customer requirements, using development standards and software development lifecycle process. Daily tasks may include requirements analysis, design, planning, programming, testing, documentation, error/exception handling, performance improvements and business process implementation. Tasks may also include analysis, research and recommendations for process implementations, performance and technology improvements. Demonstrates technical expertise through maintaining primary technical programming skills for assigned job, developing new skills as required, developing guidelines and standards, and demonstrating best practices and leadership.
Job requires working:
• during Central time zone business hours
• 8 hours per day
• 5 days per week, Monday - Friday, with some nights and weekends to support project cutovers
• Work location is remote, but may require coming to San Antonio, TX office, after teams are approved to return to the office later in 2022.
• Must be able to start immediately
Language: Mandatory - Must be fluent in English
Remote, general office and sedentary. Use of technology appropriate development environment (IDE software), software (database, source versioning system, bug tracking) and Microsoft Office applications is required. Use of personal computing equipment, telephone, multi-functioning printer. After hours work may be required.
Industry standard office environment.
• Designs, develops, tests and maintains SAP software solutions to meet customer requirements. Tasks required to complete this often include requirements analysis, documentation, error/exception handling, business process implementation, performance analysis/improvements, and technology research.
• Provides software development work estimates and work scheduling, in coordination with project management and SAP Functional support teams.
• Plans work schedule, including assessing work prioritization.
• Working directly with business and technical teams in assessing and providing technology support.
• Ensuring industry and technology best practices are followed for securing applications
• Key daily tasks include update ITSM ticketing tool, provide resolution, update documentation and close tickets in a timely manner.
Must demonstrate respect for all individuals and adhere to all company's values and policies
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering from an accredited university OR Relevant technical programming experience
• A minimum of 5 years' experience as SAP ABAP Develope
• Demonstrates at least one primary technical skill area listed here:
o SAP ABAP Programming experience and/or certifications, with specialty in one or more SAP modules
• Experience with SAP development methodology
• Experience with one or more of the following SAP modules: FI-CO, MM, HR, SD, WM, PM, PS, CRM and CCS.
• Object-oriented programming experience preferred (ABAP Objects, SAP Web Services, etc)
• Proficient in use of SAP support, including using SAP Notes, conducting OSS notes/research and opening customer messages.
• Demonstrates critical thinking problem solving skills on a semi-routing basis for creative and innovative solutions.
• Demonstrates decision-making and communication skills to address customer issues, as well as analyze and clarify a new project assignment.
• Ability to work well in a team environment.
• Demonstrates technical writing skills
• Demonstrates customer service and situation-appropriate, professional customer communication
• Demonstrates time management and multi-tasking skills.
Independent judgment may be required, based on level of developer. Responsibilities are usually project oriented with general guidelines and references available.
Very important to this position are: problem solving, critical thinking, communication, teamwork, active listening, judgment and decision making, writing, detail-oriented, self-starter