|Date Posted||September 27, 2021|
SAP ABAP Developer
At CGI, you get to build solutions as a full-time consultant with a world-class IT company. You will be involved in a mission critical project, working with a team of smart, dedicated people like yourself who build quality solutions for a variety of customers. Take your talents to a company that inspires growth and values your ideas.
You will work closely with our business teams across all regions to understand their specific needs from both tactical and strategic perspective, collaborate with other IT groups as well as SAP team members to figure out, recommend and implement scalable & robust solutions
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Perform complex system design, develop programs, debug and trouble-shoot technical activities in SAP to complete projects.
• Responsible for development and ongoing maintenance/enhancements of SAP
• Analyze business requirements, review existing programs, define the solution, and translate that into detailed programming designs.
• Take detailed programming designs and perform the development required to translate them into efficient and accurate code.
• Communicate with internal and external customers possessing various levels of technical knowledge. Determine the underlying issue when presented with sometimes ambiguous and/or contradictory information.
• Quickly solve/determine problems working with technical/non-technical groups in areas that may not be primary area of expertise.
• Analyze performance issues and come up with solutions.
• Guide Nearshore and Offshore teams through development cycle
• Current and familiar in agile, project, and SAP delivery methodologies
• Global template rollout and localization experience
• Manufacturing and process industry templates
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 7+ years ABAP developer and middleware experience.
• Prior experience as technical lead on a programming development project team.
• Extensive experience in ABAP development, with both custom development and customizations to existing processes, including use of IDOCs, ALE, PI SPROXY, RFC, BAPI, BADI, ALV, LSMW, ABAP Workbench, Data Dictionary, Reports (Classical and Interactive Reports), BDC (Batch-Input and Call Transaction Methods), SAP Scripts, Enhancements.
• Experience with SAP Smart Forms, including custom forms and enhancements to existing SAP forms, output methods, determinations, etc.
• Extensive knowledge with Enterprise Services Repository (ESR), Integration Directory (ID), System Landscape (SL), Configuration and Monitoring (CM), Alert and Notification Management
• Must have experience working with Object Oriented Programming, developing classes from scratch with an excellent understanding of inheritance and extending methods.
• Experience with PI adapters including HTTP, STFP, REST, Proxy, RFC, IDOC, JDBC, SOAP, File, Mail, Web Services, JMS etc. and use of certificate-based authentication
• SAP PI architectural design experience in PI 7.31 and above.
• Experience with ABAP and JAVA stack.
• Knowledge of HANA, SCPI is an added advantage.
• Knowledge of SAP processes including FICO, SD, MM, PP.
• Knowledge of SAP MII a plus.
• Previous experience in a process industry and/or manufacturing is preferred
• Record of being capable of working independently with very little supervision
• Superb communication skills with an ability to convey complex concepts to all levels of personnel (staff to executive).
• We seek a forward-thinking person with strong leadership capabilities.
• Identification of Improvement potentials in continuous operations
• Supports training of key users at the customer for relevant application area
• Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
• Experience with Agile software methodologies preferred
• Bachelor's degree in business, computer science or related field; or equivalent experience.
• You will interact with many others in the SAP implementation internal team and external team to lead and deliver the solution in a dynamic environment. We are looking for an excellent teammate with validated skills in collaboration with large and global multi-functional teams.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
- SAP ABAP
- SAP PI/XI
- Time Management