|Published||August 5, 2023|
RSM is looking for an SAP Automated Business Controls Supervisor to be part of our national growing consulting practice ERP, Automation & Continuity Risk (EACR). Our EACR practice is a group of highly specialized, multi-disciplined individuals with experience in multiple regulations and standards including accounting, government, and data privacy to meet the needs of our clients in the upper mid-market.
The ERP risk team is typically engaged in complex, non-transactional, at times leading edge engagements that include but are not limited to, ERP implementation risk assessments, security and controls design on ERP implementations, or security and controls improvements for clients operating on large ERPs like SAP, Oracle, or Dynamics.
We desire a confident individual who is able to both think strategically about risk and control management, while also being task oriented and capable of meeting the tight deadlines that often come with implementation-related work. We are seeking an individual looking for career growth in a fast paced environment, with accelerated leadership opportunities. A rewarding work-life balance is possible with this role, as most of our national engagements are remote.
Our Automated Business Process Controls Supervisor will be responsible for the following:
* Provide technical subject-matter expertise around both designing and testing automated application controls for SAP, including the identification of optimal functional configuration options.
* Lead the testing of design and effectiveness of SAP application controls, design and validate test scripts, and review documentation of test results.
* Support external financial statement audits as an SAP application control SME, as well as internal audits for financial, SOX, or other regulatory audits.
* Lead teams to assess the design of application controls on new SAP implementations and identify opportunities for automating manual processes and controls, based on interviews with stakeholders as well as review of control documentation such as narratives, process and data flows
* Research multiple sources of information to develop new ideas and propose resolutions to problems; conduct research for SAP configuration settings.
* Support SAP transformation engagements including functional process modeling, controls identification, project governance, testing and data migration strategy
* Assist with business development related to the design and optimization of controls utilizing both SAP technical knowledge, as well as a general knowledge of business processes, accounting, and information technologies.
* Communicate findings and recommendations to client personnel
* Model the core RSM values of caring, curious, collaborative, courageous, critical thinking in all interactions with clients and team members
* Effectively manage, motivate and mentor multidisciplinary teams to work as a cohesive, client-centric unit in delivering high-quality solutions to sophisticated clients
* Support multiple client projects simultaneously, while actively contributing to internal initiatives such as talent, practice, and business development
* Leverage understanding of industry trends and business acumen to effectively communicate leading risk management practices
* Manage a diverse book of business, maintaining overall responsibility for the profitability, effective delivery and engagement risk of all client related work within the portfolio
* Leverage your experience and expertise to recruit and retain future leaders of the firm through mentorship that focuses on advancing the professional aspirations and skills of your colleagues
* Be proactive in your personal development in areas such as industry expertise, technical specializations, and leadership to drive expansive personal value to our people and our clients
* Focus on developing your network and personal brand in the marketplace to drive growth for the risk advisory practice; including: identifying and securing new opportunities
* Scoping, planning, leading engagements and managing budget to actuals.
* Deep understanding of business processes, and process controls, in order to identify automated application controls within different versions of SAP.
* Deep experience (minimum 3-4 years) in SAP
* Experience on ERP implementations; functional SAP implementation background a plus.
* Established experience in multiple industries or deep subject-matter expertise in one specific industry
* Executive presence and comfortable interacting with senior leadership at clients
* Experience with multiple regulations and standards including SOX, FDA, data privacy as well as various audit standards such as ICFR, financial and government.
* Bachelor's or Master's Degree in business, accounting or related discipline
* Minimum of 5+ years of experience in audit, internal audit or related internal control positions
* At least one relevant certification (e.g. CPA, CIA, CFE. CISA)
* Ability to travel to meet client needs when necessary
* Experience managing project financials and managing projects to completion within agreed upon budgets
* Experience managing people, mentoring staff, providing performance feedback, and monitoring workloads of the team while meeting stakeholder and client expectations
* Prior consulting experience desired.
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
The firm offers a competitive benefits package, base compensation, and an employee bonus program for eligible roles based on individual and firm performance per program guidelines. Base compensation ranges can be found between the ranges noted below in the posting, and an actual offer can vary based upon on role, hiring location, and qualifications. For additional information on RSM's total rewards, visit our website at https://rsmus.com/careers/working-at-rsm/benefits.html.
If required by applicable law or client policy, you may be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or have an approved accommodation.
Youwant your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where youare today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents andpersonality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as anindividual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for youraccomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decisionmakers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'llmove quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from yourfresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Salary Range: $125000 - $135000 per year
Degree Required: Bachelor