|Published||November 2, 2022|
The incumbent will be responsible for performing program security officer duties for a special access program (SAP) which include supporting information system security officer (ISSO) duties for the Intelligence Support System (ISS). These tasks include performing weekly backups, conducting annual and recurring ISS training, establishing new accounts, maintaining existing accounts and managing the system's security plan. Assist the Customer in maintaining other secure information systems to include performing COMSEC duties. This position is also responsible for assisting the CPSO in a personnel security function for SAPs to include updating the personnel access security system (PASS II) and providing updates and status briefed personnel to the Customer. Additionally, the selected candidate will manage an access quotas system for the SAP which entails providing monthly status reports, processing program access requests, performing access eligibility determinations, processing visit certifications, and conducting SAP indoctrinations and debriefings. Other duties are conducting staff assistance visits, security reviews and inspections as well as conducting initial, recurring and refresher security education training. Responsible for control and accountability of SAP information. Track, ship, and account for SAP information which includes facsimiles. Manage Defense Courier Service account as well as local couriers. Control reproduction and destruction of SAP information, which includes filing and retrieving, and preventing documents and/or media from exiting the SCIF without approval. Responsible for accreditation of the facility as well as all new or existing facilities. Maintain accreditation folders on all facilities, ensure accreditations are accurate and current, and obtain automated information system (AIS) processing approval.
Specific duties and responsibilities of this position include the following:
* Applies Government policy/directives/standards in developing solutions to complex tasks/challenges/assignments to ensure a compliant security program.
* Serves as the COMSEC Manager for a large COMSEC account in accordance with NSA/CSS Policy Manual 3-16, CNSSI manuals 4001, 4003, 4004.1, 4005 and related Controlled Cryptographic Items (CCI) requirements.
* Programs and operates approved key fill devices KIK-20 and AN/PYQ-10
* Maintains the program's access control, Intrusion Detection System (IDS), and CCTV system.
* Responds to after-hour alarms and emergency conditions, as needed.
* Assists in classified document and material control.
* Assists in the preparation of classified shipments.
* Manages door/safe combinations, etc. to ensure physical security compliance with regulations and requirements.
* 5-7 years of relevant experience with a BS or 3-5 years of experience with a MS. Additional work experience may be substituted for degree.
* TS/SCI Clearance required.
* Strong working knowledge of Intelligence Community Directives (ICD), Department of Defense (DoD) security requirements and National Industrial Security Programs (NISP)
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
* Ability to work independently and follow projects through to completion
* Ability to work effectively with multiple customers within a program
* Strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively, and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, make decisions amid ambiguity, and meet deadlines
* Experience in managing a COMSEC account
* Strong working knowledge of basic office automation tool suites such as MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Knowledge of File Maker Pro
* Familiar with using Apple OS and applications
* Experience with Distributed InfoSec Accounting System (DIAS) for COMSEC material recording
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world's leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can't be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Veteran.
Salary Minimum: $57,500 Salary Mid: $115,000 Salary Maximum: $143,800 The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position, and is just one component of Peraton's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Peraton provides a variety of benefits to employees.
Colorado Salary Minimum: $52,200
Colorado Salary Maximum: $126,600
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position, and is just one component of Peraton's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Peraton provides a variety of benefits to employees.