|Published||June 19, 2023|
Are you interested in joining our team? Chat with our digital assistant to learn more about our company and apply right from your mobile device!
Text ETP to 25000 to get started or apply through this web posting if you prefer.
Energy Transfer, a Fortune 50 organization, recognized by Forbes as one of America's best large employers, is dedicated to responsibly and safely delivering America's energy. We are driven to inspire our employees to create superior value for our customers, our investors, a sustainable future and giving back to the community where we have long-standing commitments to causes including MD Anderson Children's Cancer Hospital, The Salvation Army, American Heart Association, Ronald McDonald House and many more. Come join our award winning 10,000 strong organization as we fuel the world and each other!
This position comes with world class compensation, benefits, 401(k) match, profit sharing, and PTO.
The Principal Specialist SAP FICO: Responsible for managing and providing SAP support to Energy Transfer users within functional and technical areas of expertise. This includes interacting with users to understand requirements, evaluating alternative solutions, resolving problems/issues, developing training materials, providing user training, communicating status and documenting system changes (e.g. new reports and functionality) to the appropriate business levels in the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Principal Specialist SAP FICO position is primarily responsible for supporting the SAP S4 Finance modules for users with in-depth expertise in SAP FICO and knowledgeable and experience with other modules such as SD, MM & PP, along with the corresponding business processes and related project implementation.
- The candidate will use in-depth analysis skills, business knowledge, and technical expertise to implement effective solutions and provide support services to end users.
- Additional responsibilities include managing the development and maintenance of system documentation, procedures, and standards
Education and/or Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements for this position are listed below
- Functional/technical proficiency with at least 4+ full life cycle SAP implementations and 8+ years of industry and/or consulting experience
- At least 12 years of SAP experience implementing SAP FICO
- Good knowledge in SAP Project Systems especially on how PS interfaces with other modules such as SD, FICO, MM and PP
- Experienced with Master Data, WBS, Project and Capacity Requirements Planning
- Experience in the areas of S4Hana Finance (New GL) and Vendor Invoice Management
- Experience defining systems strategy, developing systems requirements, designing and prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures and implementing practical business solutions under multiple deadlines
- Strong project management, configuration and design skills
- Must have a demonstrated strong desire to excel and be committed to building eminence
- Familiarity with SDLC processes such as Agile, Waterfall etc.
- Strong tracking, coordination and project planning skills
- Able to follow change management procedures and internal guidelines
- Demonstrated initiative with commitment and ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines while still maintaining high quality standards
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required
Required experience is commensurate with the selected job level:
- The Senior IT Specialist level requires a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and 5-8 years of relevant job related experience
- The Lead IT Specialist level requires a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and 8+ years of relevant job related experience
- The Principal IT Specialist level requires a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and 10+ years of relevant job related experience.
- Previous experience in Oil & Gas industry is a plus
- SAP Certification is a plus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Usually, normal office working conditions.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time due to prolonged periods of sitting or standing.
- Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Occasional visits to industrial/manufacturing settings, which may include exposure to various materials and chemicals, as well as extreme temperature conditions and loud machinery, and require appropriate personal protective equipment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet
DISCLAIMER: The above statements, which are subject to change, are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by personnel assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the assigned position.