|Published||July 21, 2023|
Who We Are
Working at West means having an opportunity to work by the side of our patients and customers, our global team members and the communities in which we operate - which all help contribute to a Healthier World.
At West, we are by the side of patients. The work we do impacts patients' lives each and every day - our products are a critical part of healthcare delivery and we are proud of the role we play to improve patient health. We work by the side of our team members. We come together as one global team to deliver for our customers and help them address their challenges. We are a diverse, close-knit community of professionals, where everyone has a voice and opportunity to learn and grow through mutual trust and respect. With a 95 year plus history, we have a track record for success, which includes reported sales of $2.14B in 2020. We serve by the side of our community. Giving back is in our DNA-our team members across more than 50 sites globally are involved with hundreds of charities that have special meaning to them through our West Without Borders team member-led giving program.
The Principal Solution Architect, D&T, SAP Plant Maintenance requires in-depth knowledge and experience and is accountable for leading and collaborating with the D&T teams in various locations to define, deliver and support IT enabled business solutions for the SAP Plant Maintenance domain and other integration.
This role will also help determine business needs and design & deliver technical solutions for these areas. The role handles the delivery of SAP systems including project delivery, system configuration and enhancement plus production support in alignment with West D&T and company policies and procedures will be your focus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and direct the Plant Maintenance team on E2E design and architecture for SAP implementations as well as leading/managing global SAP production support in Plant Maintenance areas.
- Possesses solid understanding of overall vision and business needs and utilize specialized expertise in PM to collaborate with Quality and Operations to define detailed User Stories for D&T enablement of business needs. This includes interpreting any issues and recommending solutions or best practices.
- Utilizes knowledge of best practices to help define strategic direction, help determine business needs and design & deliver technical solutions to key stakeholders and in partner with Application and Infrastructure.
- Essential core member of agile sprint team(s) to configure and develop optimal technical solutions / features.
- Provide technical delivery of functionality to meet defined business requirements as described in User Stories.
- Provide system support and maintenance in alignment with standards and process set within the ERP Services Delivery model, West policies, and procedures as well as regulatory requirements including but not limited to Sarbanes-Oxley and FDA GMP.
- Create and maintain system lifecycle documents in accordance with West policies and procedures, including creation and maintenance of SOPs, SOIs and Job Aids.
- Work within and participates in the Change Control process.
- Responsible for the change management for the Plant Maintenance team changes across all ERP systems
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, instruction, and all safety rules.
- Exhibit regular, reliable, punctual, and predictable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Minimum 8-10 years of related work experience, i.e., 4 or more full implementations of SAP Plant Maintenance solutions
- Preferred but not required: Agile & Scrum Certification, ITIL & SAP Certification
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Solid SAP skills - system functionality and technical understanding of Plant Maintenance and related areas.
- Good knowledge and understanding on QM, Manufacturing, and other domains
- Must be up to date on latest ERP release.
- Strong HANA knowledge preferred
- Ability to work in a virtual environment in a global organization and to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Proficient English language skills
- Willingness to global travel
- Able to be aware of all relevant SOPs as per Company policy as they are related to the position covered by this Job Description
- Able to always comply with the company's safety and quality policy
- 15% travel, including global travel
- Occasional on-call work required
- Must work from Exton Corporate office.
- Willingness to work outside of these hours as needed.
- Sedentary - exerting up to 10lbs/4kgs of force occasionally, and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to life, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met
West is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a special need that requires accommodation in order to apply to West, please send an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Where permitted by law, an offer of employment with West Pharmaceutical Services, or any of its subsidiary or affiliate companies, is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of background screening and/or a pre-employment drug screening.