|Published||July 2, 2023|
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
The Global Finance Technology team is looking to hire a Principal SAP Configuration Engineer to their Record to Report (R2R) team. Under limited supervision, this individual would be responsible for analyzing and configuring modules and programs within SAP S/4 Hana Environment. This role would entail supporting production users and configuration/testing/training to support maintenance and enhancement of the GRS finance environment supporting the month end close process.
Seen as a technical expert within the team, this role analyzes complex technical problems and developing, communicating, and implementing solutions while mentoring junior team members.
About the job:
- Configures modules according to defined design specs & demonstrates a highly proficient understanding of transactions and major configuration options for a business process. Works directly with senior architects and solutions engineers to develop and document configuration standards.
- Identifies designs for functional and technical requirements (e.g., gap analysis, infrastructure, interfaces, reports, enhancements, and/or conversions). Identifies process improvements that address functional and package technology gaps. Analyzes and prepares complex technology enabled recommendations to address gaps within the financial SAP systems.
- Develops complex test scripts and assists product owners when coordinating testing for transactional data creation. Identifies and researches complex testing defects. Uses testing tools successfully for components within a single module or business process among a mixed team.
- Supports pieces of the implementation process such as project planning, post implementation support, cutover plans, documentation, and transition planning. Mentor less experienced SAP configuration engineers through best practices training and paired programming.
- Bachelor or Master`s degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 8+ years of SAP Configuration experience, knowledge implementing SAP and FI/CO modules.
- Experience in implementing multiple SAP projects.
- Experience doing hands-on configuration in G/L finance, cost center accounting, profit center accounting, ledger, and parallel currencies.
- Nice to have experience with FPSL, PaPM, and reporting modules (Analysis for Office, Webi, SAC).
- Strong oral and written communication & presentation skills; specifically, with end-users, internal and external technical individuals, and leadership teams.
- Strong negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills.
- Experience within the Insurance or Finance industry is beneficial but not required.
- Experience troubleshooting issues, requirements gathering and solution design for enhancement requests, as well as implementing the solution via configuration, etc.
- Extensive understanding of agile software development concepts and processes including backlog tracking, prioritization, strong collaboration within a scrum team and adaptability through incremental delivery.
- Must be proactive, demonstrate initiative and be a logical thinker, have extensive consultative skills, including the ability to understand and apply customer requirements, including drawing out unforeseen implications and making recommendations for design, the ability to define design reasoning, understanding potential impacts of design requirements.
- Strong collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills required.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That’s why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you’ll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” on IDG’s Insider Pro and Computerworld’s 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers for Women and one of America’s Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America’s Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-equity-inclusion/
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit:https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.