|Published||July 28, 2023|
Requisition ID # 148543
Job Category: Information Technology
Job Level: Manager/Principal
Business Unit: Information Technology
Work Type: Hybrid
Job Location: Oakland
Information Systems Technology Services is a unified organization comprised of various departments which collaborate effectively to deliver high quality technology solutions. The SAP Electric Ops Work Management Delivery organization provides SAP IT services to Electric line of business. The organization is responsible for strategic technology planning, roadmap development, solution design, solution delivery and solution support.
The role of the Principal IT SAP Work Management Functional Analyst is to configure, implement, maintain, and upgrade SAP Enterprise Resources Planning Plant Maintenance and Project Systems application modules.
The Functional Analyst analyzes business requirements, creates functional design documents and performs ERP system configuration and customization to provide system solutions for the Line of Business and IT organizations. The FA is viewed as an integral strategic partner and business liaison in technology decisions and provides ongoing ERP system support. This includes analyzing business requirements and developing integrated IT and business solutions.
PG&E is providing the salary range that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the job posting. This compensation range is specific to the locality of the job. The actual salary paid to an individual will be based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value, geographic location, and internal equity. We would not anticipate that the individual hired into this role would land at or near the top half of the range described below, but the decision will be dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case.
A reasonable salary range is:
Bay Area Minimum: $129,000.00
Bay Area Maximum: $207,000.00
California Minimum: $123,000.00
California Maximum: $197,000.00
This position is hybrid, working from your remote office and your assigned work location based on business need. The assigned work location will be within the PG&E Service Territory.
Business Support and Consulting:
- Define standards and drive adaption in enterprise work management area and document and maintain standard for all use cases.
- Influence non-standards to follow agreeable standard processes, Enable business processes primarily through configuration and not customization.
- Provide expert consulting in ERP Systems to multiple business teams to identify and satisfy their business needs.
- Analyze end-to-end complex business processes and information needs of the across business functional areas and potentially external entities.
- Understand in detail the current and future business environment of the business organizations; effectively anticipate, identify, and fully meet the business needs using an integrated approach leveraging existing and new ERP capabilities.
- Identify, propose and influence IT solutions to complex cross- organizational business problems utilizing ERP capabilities; negotiate requirements and deliverables across multiple business and IT customers and organizations.
- Evaluate and document alternatives that will provide the most effective solutions to complex, cross-functional business problems.
- Evaluate custom code solutions to help business and IT partners understand risks and costs of customizing vs. using standard functionalities, advocating for using standard functionalities to lower future implementation cost and total cost of ownership (TCO) for solutions.
- Anticipate business concerns and questions, and provide proactive, timely and professional communications across the business organizations.
- Provide timely responses to business inquiries or delegate as appropriate.
- Automate/optimize processes through a third-party enterprise resource planning system (e.g., SAP, PeopleSoft, Oracle).
- Create system design plans to meet business requirements.
- Map business requirements to ERP system capabilities and configure ERP to meet requirements.
- Define and document business requirements for complex cross- functional projects.
- Act as a key contributor to the business cases for complex and cross-functional IT projects and initiatives.
- Review design and technical specification documents for alignment with business solution.
- Prepare and review test plans and perform quality reviews of test results.
- Perform complex configuration of ERP system.
- Comply with SOX and other standard process requirements.
- Provide cost estimating for complex enhancements and RICEF.
- Responsible for application architecture design for large project or multi module and applications.
- Communicate IT processes to the business teams. Contribute to IT Methodology development.
- May perform various additional activities as required.
- Work with business and IT teams to evaluate complex system issues and drive to resolution and perform root cause analysis.
Additional Distinguishing Characteristics of this Level:
- Able to analyze and design solutions independently even on the most complex projects.
- Develop a community that drives standard business process.
- Demonstrates the highest level of expertise and is recognized as the most senior expert on business analysis methods and processes.
- Demonstrates mastery of ERP concepts, principles or practices in a multiple business areas and multiple ERP modules
- Demonstrates broad knowledge of industry best practices for ERP projects. This position also requires knowledge of business processes for all corresponding business functional areas and ERP modules.
- Coordinates business analysis efforts for multiple projects across different organizations.
- Consistently demonstrates advanced knowledge and technical competence in all areas of business analysis.
- Directs and coaches other team members,guide Experts/Seniors to follow standard business processes and configuration.
- Participates in review and improvement of IT Methodology.
- Ensures that the design and integration of proposed system, software and hardware solutions leads to the development and growth of the business through effective use of technology.
- Mastery of ERP interrelationships and dependencies of related modules and systems
- Maintains industry knowledge of ERP systems and understand future capabilities/roadmap of ERP system.
- Integrally involved in ‘buy versus build’ decisions.
- Provides leadership on the business analysis work that has strategic importance for the corresponding IT organization.
- Demonstrates a high level of expertise in a few the following areas: testing, project management, related Lines of Business, development, SOX compliance, regulatory compliance, operational/disaster recovery, operations, maintenance, etc.
- Developing, mentoring, and guiding others in IT methodology.
- 10 years of job-related experience in Information Technology
- 8 years of experience as a Functional Analyst
- 8 years of experience implementing or supporting an ERP system (e.g., SAP, PeopleSoft, Oracle)
- Extensive participation in projects of high complexity or simultaneous participation in multiple projects of medium to high complexity in a leading role
- Expert-level knowledge and working experience with multiple ERP modules and their dependencies.
- MA/MS in Computer Science/ Information Systems, Business, Engineering, etc. or equivalent work experience.
- Proficiency and hands-on experience on SAP S4Hana, Plant Maintenance, EAM (enterprise asset management module), Intelligent Asset Manager, Oracle P6/Primavera, or similar tools such as Infor EAM, Maximo.
- Gas and / or Electric utility industry experience.
- Exposure to Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) or equivalent Agile methodology.
- Exposure to writing business requirements document, software specifications or preparing business process flows.
- Exposure to ERP design and development, especially in SAP either in college or in previous jobs.