|Date Posted||April 16, 2021|
UGI Utilities, Inc. is a natural gas and electric utility company committed to delivering reliable, safe and affordable energy to our 700,000 customers in 45 counties in Pennsylvania and 1 county in Maryland. We pride ourselves on being a responsive, engaging energy company. The foundation of our success lies in the strength of our 1,500 plus employees who strive to exceed the expectations of our customers and the communities we serve every day.
We offer comprehensive benefits, some of which are:
- medical, prescription, dental, vision, life insurance
- disability plans
- 401(k) matched savings plan
- paid vacation
- company stock purchase program
- wellness programs
- tuition reimbursement
- paid parental leave
- paid volunteer time
- adoption assistance
The Principal SAP Configurator is responsible for translating the business requirements of Customer Accounting, Remittance, Outreach and Finance for the SAP ISU FICA components of the SAP Configuration IMG (SAP Implementation Guide). This role will be a subject matter expert in FICA functional area. Acting as the primary liaison to collaborate with business area stakeholders to gather requirements, document specifications, identify value-added solutions and ensure quality of end-to-end solutions. Participates in all aspects of project work, defect and issue resolution, ongoing functional enhancements, troubleshooting, and SAP patches or upgrades. Supports all phases of the Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC) with a focus on the analysis, design, configuration and testing phases. Must continuously maintain and develop the necessary skillsets, both technical and analytical to enhance business solutions within the IT architecture.
- Collaborate with business unit analysts, administrators and technical resources to design, develop, test and implement enhancements to meet changing policy, regulatory and business requirements.
- Ensure successful deployment of SAP FICA end-to-end solutions by interpreting customer needs for which in-depth configuration and integration is required.
- Must be able to clearly articulate complex concepts and ideas, anticipates potential objections and persuade others. As a subject matter expert in SAP FICA is capable to positively impact a range of requests and projects while working to increase cross-functional knowledge. Troubleshoot complex issues, propose solutions, identify cross functional dependencies and demonstrate the ability to drive problems to closure.
- Generate the required documentation throughout the different phases of SDLC by producing the prescribed deliverables such as project charters, functional specifications and test plans. Lead the request and analysis phases of the SDLC to assess preliminary requirements, estimate effort and provide input to project prioritization.
- Lead concurrent projects with cross functional teams, business leaders and third-party vendors. Facilitate requirement workshops and status meetings to ensure consensus among all project stakeholders.
- Serve as the Primary Liaison to the business for assigned functional area. Prepare and provide status updates, provide input to help with defect and change prioritization and ensure timely completion of Incidents/Defects and Service Requests/Changes.
- Provide mentoring and cross-training to other team members to ensure appropriate knowledge transfer occurs in within FICA team and related business areas. Review deliverables of junior staff and provide training and guidance to ensure quality results.
- Possess analytical skills and ability to learn UGI specific business processes to analyze system issues, identify workarounds and system improvements to guide and shape functionality.
- Possess technical skills to work with SAP tables, SAP queries, LSMW data transfer and SAP debugging.
- Good verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with business stakeholders. Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite.
- Understand project plans, work within established priorities, adhere to project and task assignments to support project goals and timelines. Leadership experience to manage projects of medium complexity that involve interfaces and integration between SAP and other third-party solutions is preferred.
- Work to gain knowledge of COBIT5 based IT Governance and Management framework or other structured industry standard methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of business software applications and hardware technologies. Stays current with IT industry trends and emerging technologies; suggests and leads application of new technologies.
- Creates and reviews functional and/or technical design specifications and possesses knowledge of development tools and technologies in support of the Information Technology Architecture.
- Drives business process improvement by the identification of value-added enhancements.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Information/Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent discipline. An Associate’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent discipline plus seven (7) years of related SAP IS-U CRB configuration experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
Length of Experience:
Required: Ten (10) or more years of functional SAP experience. Comprised of five (5) or more years of configuration experience with SAP IS-U FICA and supplemented with additional SAP experience with analysis, design, testing and/or improvement focus in one of the following components:
- Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable (FICA)
- Contract Billing and Invoicing
- Intercompany Data Exchange for Deregulated Markets (IDEX)
Preferred: Ten (10) or more years of configuration experience with SAP IS-U in one or more of the functional components identified above. Subject matter expert in more than one functional area is preferred.
Required: ITIL Foundation certification (at hire or within 12 months in position).
Preferred: At least one SAP professional configuration certification in a specific discipline (e.g. CRM, ISU) preferred in addition to the requirements above.
UGI Utilities, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. As such, the Company abides by the requirements of the Executive Order 11246, 41 CFR 60-741.5(a), and 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, disability, age, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally protected class in its practices.