|Date Posted||July 30, 2020|
Travel Required: None
Public Trust: None
Requisition Type: Pipeline
Are you a dynamic SAP professional looking for a new opportunity? Would you like utilize your SAP skills to do work that will challenge and engage you? Would you like to have an immediate impact and support our ships and sailors for the United States Navy? Are you seeking a long-term contract with the potential to work remotely 50% of the time?
GDIT is seeking ERP Analyst Sr. Advisor to support efforts at the U.S. Navy Supply Command (NAVSUP) Business Systems Center (BSC) in Mechanicsburg, PA.
Working 50% remote location; Potential for 4-day work weeks
This position requires extensive travel for those outside of the Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania area, expected by the customer to be 50% of the work days at the worksite in Mechanicsburg, however it could be more than 50% of the work days. Travel requirements are subject to change. In addition, should this assignment meet the requirements for long-term taxable travel (more than 50% of the work days in a work location away from home state in a calendar year), travel expenses reimbursed by the company will be treated as income for tax purposes.
NAVSUP BSC is a provider for IT, Information Management, and Information Systems preferred provider for architecture, integrating, sustaining and improving applications, information, and business process services to Navy, DOD, and others. GDIT supports BSC and the Navy’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) program migration to SAP Business Suite. The vision of Navy ERP is to provide the Navy with information technology services to manage its worldwide resources: people, supply, and financials. The integration of financial and supply solutions on a single platform will provide real-time data access and decision support to the Navy Enterprise.
Navy ERP ensures that our sailors receive the support they need to be a 'Global Force for Good.' By integrating complex business data into a single system, Navy ERP is laying the groundwork for improved management, performance, and readiness across the Navy enterprise. Navy ERP is replacing out-of-date, single-purposed business systems that cost millions of dollars and duplicate thousands of critical transactions. By retiring these older 'legacy' systems, the Navy is becoming a more efficient business operation, suitable to an organization of over 700,000 people and $130 billion; ninth largest among comparably sized business enterprises in the United States. For the first time in Navy history, finance and supply will be fully integrated to provide real-time information to users worldwide.
What will you be doing?
As an SAP Financial Functional Consultant, your responsibilities will be to provide experienced business process mentorship on your client's SAP requirements and design. You will need experience in designing/configuring business processes in SAP finance:
- Experience in sustainment resource planning or work planning, and release scheduling activities supporting all of the following: system change requests, defects, customer reported incidents, system upgrades, system performance tuning and role updates and changes
- Experience in the application of functional and technical expertise to improve the performance of the business; resolution of functional and technical integration issues across SAP modules
- Experience in development and configuration of various SAP modules, including but not limited to the following: Funds Management, Workforce Management, Asset Management, Controlling, Finance, Grants, Project Systems, Sales Distribution, etc...
- Experience in at least one of the following functional modules, most pressing needs in FM, FI, AM, and WFM
- Funds Management
- Asset Management
- Workforce Management
- Sales and Distribution
- Project Systems
- Experience with SAP technical and/or functional upgrade efforts
- Experience in software development lifecycle surrounding requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, documentation, test (unit, functional, integration, regression, stress, and user acceptance), implementation, and post production support of standard and custom business solutions supporting various SAP modules, such as ECC, BW, SCM, SRM, etc.
- Knowledge in new emerging technologies such as SAP HANA or equivalent
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- US citizenship; Ability to obtain and maintain an NACLC Clearance. Active DOD Secret clearance preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a recognized technical, engineering, scientific, managerial, business, or other discipline related to area of expertise. An additional four years of relevant experience may be substituted for the Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum of five (5) years of SAP experience
- Federal experience; highly preferred is 3 years of Navy ERP (SAP) experience within the past 5 years
- Nine years applied experience in specific area of expertise including functional experience with relevant processes and SAP or ERP systems.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.