|Published||August 18, 2023|
|Location||Michigan City, IN|
Michigan City, Indiana, United States
HITACHI GLOBAL AIR POWER US, LLC
Profession (Job Category):
IT, Telecom & Internet
Summary of the position:
As a Material SAP Analyst specializing in SAP Material Flow and the EWM system, you will play a critical role in assuring optimal supply chain processes, leveraging SAP solutions to drive efficiency and effectiveness and identifying root causes of errors to correct them. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including supply chain operations, procurement, logistics and the SAP team to identify improvement opportunities, gather requirements, and implement solutions that align with our business objectives.
This is an on-site position in our Michigan City, Indiana facility.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Substantial knowledge and experience with SAP.
- Solid knowledge of relevant business processes and their integration with SAP systems.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to gather business requirements and translate them into functional specifications for SAP ECC and EWM to support the supply chain management process.
- Support the implementation of supply chain projects and initiatives, working closely with project managers and stakeholders.
- Review and resolve SAP errors (examples: COGI, stuck deliveries).
- Conduct system testing and user acceptance testing (UAT) and coordinate with IT teams to resolve any issues or bugs and for enhancements.
- Document all system changes per the IT change management process, including requirements, business approvals, status updates, and testing evidence.
- Provide end-user training and support, ensuring smooth adoption and utilization of SAP ECC and EWM functionalities.
- Collaborate with the IT team to ensure system upgrades, enhancements, and integrations are implemented effectively.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends and best practices in SAP ECC and EWM.
- Become the subject matter expert on SAP ECC EWM, providing guidance and recommendations to enhance business processes.
- Maintain a high-level understanding of security related to their functional area(s), including security roles assigned to users and Segregation of Duties (SOD) requirements.
- Provide data to support security audits.
- SAP ECC preferably S4/HANA Implementation and support experience
- Good understanding of S4 /HANA and PLM functionality and mapping to respective business functions.
- Bachelor's degree in an applicable field, such as supply chain management, procurement, computer science, operations, management, or a related field, or at least one year of SAP and strong understanding of our internal processes, work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with SAP ECC and/or EWM and understanding of one or more of the following: Inventory Management, MRP, Material Masters, Quality Management, EWM and Warehouse Management.
- Proactive, detail-oriented, takes the initiative to drive to problem resolution. Possess a thorough understanding of business processes and how SAP works with them.
- Ability to collaborate effectively and efficiently with business leaders and IT internal and external resources to identify, define and implement IT solutions for business issues.
- Ability to facilitate effective business meetings, including virtual interactions. Strong research and investigation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills. Ability to understand and adopt Lean principles.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee may need to lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Travel- rarely.
This position is responsible to Manage SAP S/4 HANA and PLM Applications Globally and support related business functions. Lead the team of developers and Analysts. The ideal candidate must have extensive experience with SAP application and apply to business development. Understand all interfaces with SAP and work with other IT team for seamless functioning. This is a Global position and important to align with Global functional leaders and provide system solutions in day-to-day functioning.
The successful candidate is responsible for complying with Hitachi Global Air Power US Code of Ethics and related policies. In performing the job, the incumbent shall take all steps necessary to comply with our safety rules and requirements and must actively support the organization's efforts to meet and exceed its goals of creating and maintaining a safe workplace.
This description is to serve as a guide. It is intended to be flexible and will continue to evolve over time with business needs and demands and may be updated periodically and at the Company's discretion.
Hitachi Global Air Power US is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate based on race, religion, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected categories under applicable law, whether in recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, compensation, or other conditions of employment.