|Published||January 16, 2022|
|Location||Sioux Falls, SD|
An experienced SAP Manager who is equally at home with SAP development projects and people management. This person should be capable of delivering highly complex projects and service requests, comfortable and proficient working directly with the business and/or project management. This person will be responsible for architecture, design and tracking of custom solutions in an SAP environment. In this role, you will assist the SAP team with requirements gathering, and work through all aspects of the development life cycle using SAP suite of tools within S/4HANA to transform data into information to achieve business goals and objectives.
The Development Manager is responsible for managing the development team, developing their skills and capabilities to meet the needs of the organization, as well as building on existing capabilities to address emerging technical needs and skill gaps. This role leads a combination of onsite and remote resources, across multiple technology stacks, collaborating with ad-hoc work teams comprised of Developers, Functional and Business Analysts, as well as cross-functional business team members to ensure that business requirements are met through technically excellent solutions.
- Provide technical leadership and is responsible for reviewing and further evolving development standards, framework, guidelines and approach
- Oversight and responsibility for design, development, performance validation and testing methodologies to ensure technical solutions meet quality requirements.
- Builds proactive, responsive relationships with IT team members and business users to understand upcoming business needs and provides visibility into development capacity planning and utilization
- Designs, develops, and implements quality solutions across the application landscape that are maintainable, leveraging reuse as is appropriate. Primary advocate for the appropriate use of development, customization and related best practices.
- Provide consistent level of service and problem resolution, through the management of tickets and systems issues, performance of root cause analysis, and installation of learnings to prevent reoccurrence of prior issues.
- Oversees quality of deliverables (including design, code and development reviews) and follows the stipulated change control processes and release/transport management schedules.
- Manages resource allocation, capacity utilization and delivery of development teams
- Manages work efforts of team members (onsite and remote) and provide mentorship and guidance to encourage success and growth.
- Contributes to IT project governance reviews and provides the necessary application governance in support of Refresco standards
- Proactively act to understand business needs and offer solution that align across business units; drive vision and strategy for the team and application; strategic understanding of how the group's technology contributes to the Information Systems and Refresco strategy.
- Identify opportunities to coach and recognize employees directly and provide just-in-time feedback so that employees can reflect on input.
- Responsible for management and advancement of individuals and teams.
- Responsible for building a high performing team concerning software and quality engineering and social aspects including hiring the best people from within / outside the company, fostering motivation and integration of employees as well as team learning and development.
- Create an environment of continuous learning and improvement. Actively seek to coach and help with personal development.
- Support cross topics outside of his/her management scope.
- Embeds SAP best practices within Refresco internal practices and procedures.
- Strong development experience in SAP S/4HANA environment
- Hands-on development skills with ABAP/4 Programming Language including SmartForms, User-exits, BADI’s, Idocs, Object Oriented Programming in ABAP
- Technical knowledge of SAP systems and a good understanding of several functional areas such as FI, SD, MM, PP, and WM
- Exposure and understanding of SAP security concepts
- ABAP CDS development and Fiori UI5 experience
- Working knowledge of Basis and BW technologies
- Integration with other SAP and new dimension products
- Exposure and understanding of EDI and .Net
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Information Systems, Computer Science or other related field
- 7+ years of SAP development experience
- 3+ years of management experience with application architecture, design and implementation
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience with people development, with responsibility for performance, reviews, guiding and mentoring team members
- 5+ years of hands on experience troubleshooting, and debugging complex integrated applications within SAP
- In-depth knowledge in the data model of various SAP applications and table structure is essential.
Behaviors for Success:
- Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments ; Holds frequent development discussions ; Is aware of each person's career goals ; Constructs compelling development plans and executes them ; Pushes people to accept developmental moves ; Will take on those who need help and further development ; Cooperates with the developmental system in the organization ; Is a people builder
- Treats direct reports equitably ; Acts fairly ; Has candid discussions ; Doesn't give preferential treatment; Provides feedback to direct reports when received from others in the organization
- Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions ; Sets clear objectives, measures progress and prioritizes work ; Monitors process, progress, and results ; Designs feedback loops into work; Consistently re-evaluates work based on changing organizational requirements
- Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done ; Knows how to organize people and activities ; Understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow ; Understands responsibilities and roles of individuals in the organization to facilitate the process; Can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can't ; Can simplify complex processes ; Gets more out of fewer resources