|Date Posted||November 8, 2019|
Position Title: Manager, Financial Projects
Reports To: Controller
Date Last Revised: October 14, 2019
Exemption Status: Exempt
This position manages all accounting projects and process improvement initiatives. Projects can be directly related to SAP, can be large initiatives, or part of ongoing continuous improvements. This position partners with IT and all other areas of the business depending on the project and scope. As with all managerial positions within Bendix, this would be a ‘working manager’ and thus would perform activities as required for accounting support including daily interaction on SAP issues and questions. Responsibilities may include other assignments as needed.
- Manage all FI and some CO SAP and other IT related accounting projects in coordination with other system leaders
- Partners with IT to improve processes
- Acts as the primary liaison with IT and other areas of the business related to FICO SAP projects and process improvements
- Must possess and demonstrate knowledge of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) financial system, preferably SAP.
- Solid knowledge of general accounting practices and procedures.
- Understanding of FICO and how it interacts with other modules of SAP
- 5-7 years of demonstrated experience in accounting within manufacturing or public accounting and a major ERP system (SAP, Oracle, BAAN, JD Edwards)
- Extensive knowledge with FICO module within SAP as well as a working knowledge of all modules is strongly preferred.
- Strong, demonstrated leadership skills.
- Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks while meeting aggressive deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Possesses the skills to facilitate continuous process improvements.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Possesses strong analytical skills.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project
- Must possess the skills to work with all levels in a matrix organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
- MBA or CPA preferred
- Certified in project management is a plus.
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required SkillsRequired Experience