|Date Posted||January 11, 2019|
The Lead Technical Engineer, Platform Services maintains an information technology environment that consistently supports the Client's business processes. This individual is part of a team responsible for supporting Client's key technology platforms. As a Lead team member within the IT organization, this role will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing the health and welfare of Client's IT systems. The Lead Technical Engineer will perform the lead role in the delivery of support and project deliverables and this Lead team member will develop skills in both management and advanced systems concepts. The Lead will mentor other team members while completing more advanced assignments. Weekend and evening support is required in a rotating schedule with other engineers.
This position plays a key role in the information technology team. Responsibilities extend to the Store Support Center (SSC), 3 distribution centers and multi-channel retailing through over 850 stores and ecommerce. The total user environment consists of over 20,000 team members.
- Provide Support for Existing Processes - Reviews system reporting and monitoring of existing technology; Identifies areas of risk and prioritizes mitigation. Works with other groups to resolve complex technology issues. Tracks notifications from system vendors to plan installation of necessary patching.
- Personnel Management - Provides mentoring, training, and actively assesses/evaluates on-going performance. Engages in continuous coaching and improving performance of the overall team.
- Oversight - Provides oversight and consultation during design, build and test phases including active issue management and resolution. Ensures technical solution designs are consistent with company standards. Researches trends in technology; determines which technologies are applicable to Client environment.
- Other Responsibilities - Contributes to vision and leadership regarding technical progress and direction in the IT department. Works to improve systems and processes to enforce simplicity, stability and efficiency. Supports technical standards and processes, including management principles, service methodologies and compliance standards
- Accountability & Results Orientation - results-oriented manager who can build and lead a business-focused, time-sensitive, innovative and cost-effective technology organization. Demonstrates a high degree of personal accountability and sets high standards for self and team in driving progress in the organization.
- Strategic Thinking – aligns department activities with the direction of the company.
- Communication - proactively shares timely updates and information with team members, peers, and supervisors. Fosters clear, concise and open communication among staff.
- Creativity & Innovation - seeks out fresh perspectives and breakthrough ideas that add value to a solution.
- Influence - ensures arguments are supported by strong logic, financial data and a compelling business case. Consistently inspires others to use information from a variety of sources. Motivates team to action without relying solely on authority.
- Teamwork & Collaboration - promotes a culture of collaboration and teamwork across organizational boundaries. Recognizes and rewards outstanding accomplishments.
- Acute knowledge of hardware, software, networking, applications, and systems engineering.
- Familiar with architectural concepts of Information Technology Infrastructure Library, and Open Group Architecture Framework.
- Must be comfortable with proposing the Architecture roadmaps & Implementable component Architectures.
- Good understanding of Agile methodologies and implementing the Architecture projects using Agile practices.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business or related field
- Preferred: Master's degree in computer science or related advanced degree
- 6+ (Highly Specialized Individual Contributor) years of technology experience including large-scale implementations, platform architecture/design/administration, service management and IT governance/control processes.
- Position requires a minimum of 6 years system support experience as an SAP Basis Administrator with a large-scale SAP solution.
- Preference will be given to those with experience supporting the following technologies: HANA, Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft SQL Server, SAP ECC 6.0, SAP XI, SAP BW, SAP CAR, SAP Portal, SAP Data Services, SAP SLT, SAP Solution Manager, Linux/Unix, Oracle Database, VMWare, Tomcat, Apache, and Mongo. In addition to technical expertise, knowledge of various productivity programs is expected (e.g. Office, Google Apps).
- Weekend and evening support is required in a rotating schedule with other engineers.
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply!
Genesis10 is a leading U.S. business and technology consulting firm with hundreds of clients needing proven talent and solutions to power their strategic initiatives. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement – project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at www.genesis10.com.
"Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V”