|Published||July 1, 2023|
Zimmer Biomet is a global medical technology leader. Our team members are part of a company with a heritage of leadership, a focus on shaping the future, and a mission dedicated to alleviating pain and improving the quality of life for people around the world.
Zimmer Biomet has a comprehensive SAP landscape, on-prem and in the cloud, including SAP's latest premier products, such as SAP S/4 and Business Technology Platform.
The position is meant for a technical subject matter expert who is excited about and motivated by innovation, continuous improvement, influencing technical architecture, SAP-cyber-security, and problem-solving in a demanding SAP-centric ecosystem.
Expectations include solid organization, planning, communication, and documentation skills - effectively aligning our team, partners, and customers. The focus will be on the delivery of medium and large projects, guiding the operational team with thought leadership, and cloud service management.
Our landscape of over 200 SAP systems includes S/4, MDG, BTP, ECC, Portals, Solution Manager, Warehouse Management, GRC, AII, BW - on a diverse set of platforms such as Windows, Linux, and AIX - on a variety of databases including HANA, Oracle, SQL, and DB2.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Technical implementation
- Develop, mature and document IT processes, procedures, and standards
- Technical project management
- Technical evaluation and design
- Technical leadership of non-employee resources
Expected Areas of Competence
- Install, upgrade, patch, configure, and technically secure SAP software products in a mixed environment covering the Windows, Linux, and AIX operating systems, and HANA, Oracle, SQL, and DB2 databases in a virtualized datacenter.
- Mature experience basis administration, and technical leadership for the SAP platform within a cloud-services model. Experience with SAP BTP PaaS management desired - with additional learning opportunities to be provided.
- Willingness to focus on enabling others and their future self to deliver with efficiency and high quality through the development of work plans, communication plans, checklists, and work instructions. Robust written and verbal communication skills.
- Mature ability to work as a team, allowing others to take over in a follow-the-sun delivery approach, delegating to appropriately skilled team members. Focus on team outcomes/results instead of personal accomplishments.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a mature root cause analysis approach based on facts and data through appropriate toolsets. Works well and calmly under the pressure of difficult deadlines, unplanned service impacts, and a variety of personalities.
- Able to work well with cross-functional technical teams - multiple global SAP Functional IT teams, Infrastructure teams, and third-party vendors and contractors.
- Has a good understanding and sincere respect for mature ITSM processes and policies within the team.
- Demonstrated success leading IT projects of medium to high complexity at the regional or local level.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field with 6+ years of professional experience required; or Bachelor and Master's degree in business, technology, or related field with 5+ years of professional experience preferred
up to 10%
At Zimmer Biomet, we believe in The Power of Us, which means that we are stronger together. We are committed to creating an environment where every team member feels included, respected, empowered, and celebrated.
As a Zimmer Biomet team member, you will share in our commitment to providing mobility and renewed life to people around the world. This is why we offer you a competitive rewards package that includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, wellness incentives, employee assistance programs as well as paid time off for vacation and holidays.
Compensation Range: $120000 - 155000