|Published||July 12, 2023|
As the Lead SAP Developer this role will play one of the leading roles in implementation of our core ERP system working on the development, customization, and integration to deliver business enabling solutions.
What You'll Work On
- Responsible for technical ownership of specified technology and has overall accountability for ensuring technical build and operations meet Company standards and best practices.
- Responsible for translating business needs to develop software applications using ABAP and ensuring developed solutions are scalable and use the most suitable architecture.
- Participate in technical workshops to identify and help resolve design issues and recommended process changes within the specified module and associated workstream.
- Responsible for writing technical specs for reports, interfaces, conversions, enhancements, and forms.
- Use conceptual knowledge in workflow for ABAP
- Business Document creation and customization with SAP script and Smart Forms.
- Work on data extractor to transfer data from ECC to BW.
- Responsible for extensive Data Conversion & Interface Programming (File Handling, BDC, Direct Input and LSMW)
- Responsible for translating business needs utilizing your knowledge of ABAP Interfaces, BDC, LSMW, Classical, Interactive, Dialog Reporting, ALV,Layout Management, Global Routines, Function Modules, RFC, BAPI, Job Scheduling
- Build SAP prototypes based on business requirements.
- Develop and implement ABAP programs
- Review and revise technical designs to meet ABAP project requirements
- Assist in unit testing of ABAP code.
- Translate functional requirements into technical design documents
- Maintain and update existing code as needed
- Responsible for debugging ABAP code
- HANA cloud development experience
- Knowledge and ability to integrate whole SAP landscape of multiple environments
- Train and mentor team members on the current technologies and methodologies in SAP space.
- Partner in implementation, creation, maintenance and architecture of SAP projects and enhancements
- Adhere to the Company's Quality Management System (QMS) as well as domestic and global quality system regulations, standards, and procedures
- Understand relevant security, privacy and compliance principles and adhere to the regulations, standards, and procedures that are applicable to the Company.
- Ensure other members of the department follow the QMS, regulations, standards, and procedures.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field with 8+ years of experience with ABAP in a similar role, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in EDI/ALE/IDOC and web services & custom infotypes for HR modules
- Experience in SAP GD Naming conventions, Code Review Checklist, and other documentation works (TS, TS review checklist and UTR).
- Working knowledge of integrating SAP with CRM, MES, and other IT systems
- Experience in Row/Column storage in SAP S/4 HANA, analytical, calculation and attribute views
- Expert in converting Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/deployment environment data from ECC system to S/4 using RFC call/BOR to Odata (XML) format
- Experience in SAP Network gateway CRUD operations
- Working knowledge in developing applications using WebDynpro ABAP (NW 2004s) for custom iViews using Model View Controller (MVC).
- Experienced in User Exit, BADI, Customer enhancement and Enhancement Framework and proxy creation for PI/PO orders.
- Knowledge in JIRA
- Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/deployment environments.
- Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment
- Proven communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize assignments while handling various projects simultaneously
- General office environment. Business travel from 0% - 10%. Potential exposure to blood-borne pathogens. Requires some lifting and moving of up to 25 pounds. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms, and to use a computer, sitting for extended periods. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to read, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Starting Base Salary is $142,193/year - $195,202/year.
Individual compensation will vary over time-based on factors such as performance, skill level, competencies, work location and shift.
What We Offer:
• A collaborative teamwork environment where learning is constant and performance is rewarded
• The opportunity to be part of the team that is revolutionizing the treatment of some of the world's most devastating diseases
• A generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; a 401(k) match; and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Penumbra, Inc., headquartered in Alameda, California, is a global healthcare company focused on innovative therapies. Penumbra designs, develops, manufactures and markets novel products and has a broad portfolio that addresses challenging medical conditions in markets with significant unmet need. Penumbra sells its products to hospitals and healthcare providers primarily through its direct sales organization in the United States, most of Europe, Canada and Australia, and through distributors in select international markets. The Penumbra logo is a trademark of Penumbra, Inc.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you reside in the State of California, please also refer to Penumbra's Privacy Notice for California Residents.
For additional information on Penumbra's commitment to being an equal opportunity employer, please see Penumbra's AAP-Policy-Statement.