|Location||San Antonio, TX|
|Date Posted||June 16, 2021|
Valero provides the energy to take people anywhere they want go around the globe. Our 10,000 employees work together as a team with the single goal of maintaining our status as a top petroleum refiner and ethanol producer. As an employee at Valero, not only will you have an opportunity to impact people’s lives through the products we manufacture in a safe, reliable environment, you will also be a part of a culture that thrives on positively impacting the lives of the people in the communities that we live and work.
As a Business Systems Support Specialist on the Information Services Commercial Team, you will provide support for the SAP Sales & Distribution and Materials Management systems for the commercial business.
Valero we are committed to advancing the future of energy through innovation, ingenuity and unmatched execution. You can help achieve this goal if you can :
- Provide support for assigned commercial applications as an individual contributor.
- Perform analysis on complex business processes and recommend simplified, quality solutions to meet business objectives.
- Deploy new solutions and enhancements/fixes to the Commercial business by troubleshooting, problem solving, interacting with end-uses, training, defining system scope, configuration, testing, etc.
- Collaborate across the organization and with outside parties to deliver solutions.
- Meet milestones and related effort/time commitments for assigned deliverables.
Information Services Key Competencies :
- Problem Solving
- Results Orientation
- Interpersonal Skills
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.
Successful candidates will have (required) :
- A bachelor's degree (or higher) or foreign equivalent degree in MIS, Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related field.
- 5 years of refinery industry or business/IT experience.
- Configuration experience with SAP Sales & Distribution (SD) and/or SAP Materials Management (MM).
The most competitive candidates will additionally have (preferred) :
- Experience with SAP’s IS-OIL module.
- Experience debugging in SAP.
- Experience in OTC or P2P.
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team. For more information, visit Valero.com.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.