IT SAP System Admin I
|Published||July 11, 2018|
Be part of a growing, successful company in an exciting and challenging field. Border States is 100% employee-owned, which means you’re empowered to make decisions, find solutions and receive rewards for your hard work.
This position will be located in: [[filter4]], [[filter3]] [[AdditionalLocations]]
Supports the day-to-day operations of the IT Applications Administration Department by administering company SAP systems. Supports company strategic projects and internal IT projects. Monitors, maintains, and troubleshoots the SAP technical environment and Database Management Systems. Develops and maintains technical documentation and disaster recovery procedures. Maintains SAP Security to address authorization issues across all SAP systems and to adhere to SAP Security best practices.
- Monitors and maintains SAP and Database Management systems in the Border States Electric IT environment.
- Configures, monitors, tunes, and troubleshoots of the SAP technical environment and Database Management Systems.
- Installs, upgrades, and maintains SAP technical environment and Database Management systems.
- Develops and maintains technical documentation, troubleshoots, resolves problems, monitors capacity and performance, and tests disaster recovery procedures.
- Supports IT projects defined by IT or Strategic Company Initiatives
- Performs all relevant SAP Basis activities throughout all SAP Systems, including proactively running daily checklists.
- Supports complex environments consisting of Sandbox, Development, Test, QA, and Production systems.
- Maintains SAP Security to address authorization issues across all SAP systems and to adhere to SAP Security best practices.
- Configures new and existing alerts, determines thresholds of alerts within monitoring systems as well as third party monitoring systems.
- Resolves system problems through research and collaboration with other IT Teams and apply the appropriate course of action.
- Resolves incident tickets, including complex troubleshooting across all managed systems.
- Supports the following technologies; SAP Business Suite and other various SAP systems, Business Objects, Microsoft SQL Server, SAP HANA Database, IT Service management and best practices, and other software infrastructure systems.
- Performs off-hours support as needed for various system activities, including Month-End processes.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with customers, vendors, and others related to the company
- Provides 2nd level support as part of the IT Helpdesk.
- Promotes and maintains the identity and reputation of BSE, ensuring customer satisfaction and addressing problems and complaints as they arise.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor or designate.
- Minimum of a four-year degree in computer science, information systems, or management information systems preferred or the equivalent in work experience.
- 1-3 years’ experience working in an enterprise IT environment and maintaining enterprise level systems
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak in English.
Border States is a leader in the electrical supply distribution industry with over 100 locations in 22 states. Our employee-owners are second to none in delivering top-notch customer service and in demonstrating extra-ordinary people skills. We are one of the largest independent electrical distributors in the United States providing products and services to the construction, industrial and utility industries. Border States has a competitive benefit package and is a 100 percent employee-owned company. Employee-ownership is a significant part of our culture and our success stems from the dedication of our employee-owners. We practice open-book management and our employee-owners are empowered with clearly defined levels of authority to be innovative and decisive, allowing us to respond quickly to the needs of customers. Employee-owners understand their roles in the success of the company and care about customers’ needs, which drives our focus on adding value to everything we do. We recognize that not all customers are the same and each has specific requirements. Our employee-owners understand these diverse needs and have the commitment, resourcefulness and flexibility to outperform all others.
As a Border States employee-owner, you’re responsible for living our mission, service philosophy and service standards.
Border States provides value to our customers by delivering innovative product and supply chain solutions.
We earn customer loyalty and confidence by caring about their needs and adding value to everything we do.
Border States employee-owners are competent, accurate, responsive, and engaged .
Join an experienced team at one of the largest electrical distributors in the United States. What are you waiting for?