|Published||April 29, 2022|
Live the experience. From professional empowerment to continual learning opportunities. From ongoing investment in new and emerging technologies to a career of self-determination. At Ulta Beauty, our tech team is critical to our scalability-and is recognized that way. We've been defined as a "mature start-up." A place where interdepartmental exposure, open doors, and genuine collaboration is ubiquitous. Where challenges come fast and furious, requiring agility, mental dexterity, and creativity. Where our passion for better solutions drives us and is core to who we are.
We're engineering for the future of retail, and it's no-holds-barred. But for those motivated by continual change and ambiguity, by superior leadership, by whip smart colleagues who will press you daily for your very best, you'll find that virtually nothing's impossible at Ulta Beauty.
THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE
In the role of Manager you will be responsible for leading the IT SAP functional team supporting Finance, HR, Payroll and Sales Audit (POSDTA) You will be responsible for managing the IT Finance and HR portfolios. As a thought leader you are expected to stay up to date on SAP advancements and make recommendations. You will execute high complexity tasks of strategic importance to the enterprise.
YOU'LL ACCOMPLISH ALL THIS BY:
- Possesses expert knowledge of SAP applications and architecture including SAP ECC and S4 Hana or Success Factors. Has a wide breadth of knowledge of business Finance functions which may include integration of other business functions like procure-to-pay or order-to-cash.
- Applies knowledge of cross functional areas to overall project to ensure complex solutions are comprehensive.
- Manages team of SAP functional experts. Prioritizes work and oversees the quality and appropriateness of the work performed and the achievement of measurable business benefits on various IT Projects and enhancements.
- Partners with the PMO to deliver the portfolio projects for IT Finance and HR. Partners with IT managers and directors to provide resources on cross functional projects. Manages and identifies the resources necessary for all phases of solution development, ensuring that scope, schedule, financial and quality targets are met.
- Evaluates, proposes, devises and initiates process improvement activities or solutions within IT and portfolio areas of responsibility.
- Champions the evaluation and evolution of the SAP development processes to achieve continuous improvement.
- Manages individuals and teams. Mentors, coaches and delegates responsibilities. Writes performance objectives, goals and monitors progress against agreed quality and performance criteria. Delivers performance reviews.
ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field, or applicable work experience
- At least 8 years of experience in the areas of IT Finance Systems preferably in Retail industry
- At least 5 years managing teams, people development/coaching and managing multiple IT systems like SAP or similar
- At least 2 years' experience as a people manager with leading both internal associates and external consultants
- Experience managing vendor relationships in support of staff augmentations and strategic partner engagements both onshore and offshore
- At least 5+ years with SAP ECC or S/4 Finance
- Proven track record in providing superior support and in driving teams to successful project deliveries.
- Experience presenting solutions to senior business leaders and working collaboratively to find optimal solution
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills and leadership skills
- Ability to work in team in diverse and multiple stakeholder environments
- Flexibility on changing priorities and meeting deadlines is required.
- Be proactive and ability to catch issues early
At Ulta Beauty (NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty's own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring-hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.