Infrastructure Engineer SAP Basis
|Published||August 19, 2018|
|Location||Lake Forest, IL|
The Infrastructure Engineers ensure that the IT infrastructure is sufficiently robust, scalable and efficient to deliver the integrated services underlying the physical environment that supports the processes, physical resources and operators required for developing, integrating, operating and sustaining IT applications and support services.
They build, test, implement, configure, tune and support the IT infrastructure in the Cloud and on premise, to include the server platforms, storage systems, middleware infrastructure, network, and client technologies.
They pursue the physical design, implementation and support of major automation solutions in a multiplatform environment, make recommendations for improvements to the usability of automated tools, and identify opportunities for increased adoption of orchestration technologies.
- Build, configure and maintain hybrid IT systems: installation, configuration and maintenance of systems. Assist with integrating services across cloud and data center. Contributed to the prioritization of requirements and matching of resources with requirements.
- Automation: Assists in designing automated workflows and provides training to other engineers. Assists with business case justification for automation efforts. Establishes frameworks to optimize automation & CI/CD deployment activities. Supports DevOps activities.
- Scripting: Creates and maintains complex scripts to automate repetitive tasks and support automated workflows.
- Configuration management: Establish baselines and configuration control. Reviews CMBD and identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Infrastructure standards and practices: Reviews and enforces standards and practices for infrastructure solutions. Assists in creating new ways of solving existing issues and improving existing practices.
- Monitoring: Develops SLAs and defines alert thresholds.
- Documentation: Documents new or modified infrastructure solutions, test activities/results and workflows.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCES AND COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, management or related field.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong problem analysis and resolution skills.
- Strong desire to learn and expand skill set while helping team meet business requirements.
- Self-motivated and self-driven – ability to follo broad directions with minimal supervision.
SAP Data archiving experience with multiple of the following archiving objects, but not limited to: FI_DOCUMNT, SD_VBAK, SD_VBRK, MM_EKKO, MM_EBAN, RV_LIKP, EC_PCA_ITM, MM_MATEL, CO_ITEM, IDOC and WORKITEM.
- The ability to Lead and cross-train team members on Data Archiving is required.
- Experience working with SAP Application, Records Management and Legal teams related to SAP Archiving.
- Linux IS (SUSE and/or RHEL) experience required.
- Experience with any Content Management systems for SAP is preferred with OpenText (IXOS) Archive Server preferred.
- Experience with PBS for archive data retrieval is preferred.
- SAP Archiving project experience.
- SAP Archiving experience related to migration to SAP S/4 HANA is a plus.
- Experience with SAP ILM and OpenText xECM a plus.
SAP Basis experience with multiple of the following SAP Applications but not limited to: ECC, PI, EWM, CSM, SRM, EP, BW, BPC, BI Java, Solution Manager, ADS, DMS, GTS, GRC, CLM, CUA, BOBJ and BODS.
- Experience supporting Taxware and/or BSI.
- Experience with ABAP-based and/or Java based systems.
- Large Enterprise-scale SAP implementation experience preferred.
- SAP BW on HANA and/or S/4 HANA experience preferred.
- Experience with SAP upgrades, installations, and patching (support packs and kernel patches).
- Experience with monitoring and tuning to ensure optimal performance required to meet SLA’s.