|Published||August 5, 2023|
|Location||Cranberry Township, PA|
As a Business Process Analyst, you'll partner with stakeholders and end users to gather, analyze and document requirements to enable translation into technical specifications. You'll demonstrate your excellent communication and project management skills as a solution architect. As part of this exciting and challenging role, you'll have the opportunity to travel globally, while reporting to the SAP Finance Manager. If this sounds like a great opportunity, then we want to hear from you!
Description of duties and responsibilities:
- Understand advanced, integrated business processes; identifies and recognizes global integration consequences in Finance and Controlling areas, emphasized in SaaS Revenue recognition.
- Work closely with Finance business teams to gather & analyze requirements for the SaaS revenue recognition. Understanding the concept of Deferred/unbilled revenue, Monthly Recurring Revenue (MRR) and Annual Recurring revenue (ARR), Bookings, Billing, and Revenue
- Work pro-actively with the business to understand the strategic direction and how to support the execution of the strategies most effectively. Engage with business teams within area of responsibility to communicate and scope the functional IT plan aligned with overall IT plan.
- Work with stakeholders and end users to analyze, design, develop, modify, test, and implement software solutions and applications to satisfy global business requirements in line with SAP's Best Practice in Finance modules.
- Work with the other IT Business Process functional teams, Application Development teams, and Technology Services teams on complex integration requirements.
- Create functional design specifications for programs and coordinate on the development with technical teams.
- Lead small/medium projects with solid understanding of the software development life cycle process and documentation. Contribute to major project implementations.
- Work on production support to resolve day-to-day business issues.
- Successfully handle multiple projects, completing them on time and on budget while exceeding customer expectations.
- Comprehend and perform challenging configuration tasks and testing.
- Complete documentation of software solutions and SAP configuration according to departmental standards.
- Research the SAP system, using OSS, ASUG, and other resources to bring innovative solutions to business requirements and implements business process improvements.
- Research new technologies and functionality, making recommendations on their use.
Special skills, knowledge and abilities required:
- Expert knowledge of Revenue, Cost, and SAP Asset accounting module.
- Strong understanding of Accounting Expertise of ASC 606 /ASC 842 in contract, emphasizing in recurring revenue recognition requirements.
- Functional knowledge of SD Scenarios like contract management/order to cash process; including (but not limited to) sales order processing, delivery processing, pricing, invoicing, cross-company sales process.
- In-depth knowledge of the functionality of the SAP FICO modules, with emphasis on CO Modules: General Ledger, Fixed Assets, Taxes, Product Cost Planning and Control (CO-PC), Material Ledger (CO-PC-ACT), Profitability Analysis (CO-PA), Cost Center Accounting (CO-CCA), Accounts Receivables, Credit management, Accounts Payables, Bank Integrations, Project Systems (PS), Internal Order Accounting (CO-IM) and Profit Center Accounting (PCA).
- Working knowledge of the integration points to all the other core SAP modules (SD, MM, PP).
- Demonstrated ability to collect user requirements, design appropriate solutions and carry them through to implementation including integration testing and end user training.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills with the proven ability to sell concepts and ideas to a diverse audience and effectively communicate complex concepts to all levels of the organization.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated, willingness to learn and openness to change.
- Proven ability to recognize, respect and adapt to cultural differences.
- Ability to travel (domestic and international) for global projects (kick off, design, testing, end user training, implementation), conferences etc. International travel expected approximately 10-20%.
- Exposure to SAP revenue recognition engine RAR or BRIM or similar.
Education and experience required:
- High school diploma
- This position is available at two different career levels based upon experience:
- Level two: 3 years IT or related business process experience and 2 years SAP configuration experience in the FICO/Fixed Asset modules,
- Level three: 5 years IT or related Sales and Distribution business process experience and 5 years SAP configuration experience in FICO/fixed Asset modules
- A Bachelor's Degree may be substituted for 2 years of experience
- Extensive experience in Subscription model, RAR implementation, and working closely with SD Functional team and support designing processes in alignment with SaaS and Haas RAR revenue postings
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Science, Computer Science, or related discipline.
- Proven experience through at least 2 full life cycle implementations of SAP ECC.
- Consulting experience.