|Published||September 20, 2022|
|Location||Cranberry Township, PA|
For more than 100 years, our passionate mission of safety empowers us to protect lives.
MSA Safety is a global leader in the development of safety equipment and pioneering technology that helps protect people and facility infrastructures around the world. We are committed to providing the latest in innovative, best-in class safety solutions that feature integrated systems capability and allow our customers to return safely to their families and friends. Every day our customers place their lives in our hands. In response, we provide them with protection they can trust. It is gratifying to lead the way as a source of inspiration. Would you like to join our team of more than 5,000 employees world-wide dedicated to this purpose? We hope so.
This position will reside in Cranberry Township PA and relocation is being offered.
- Identifies and recognizes global integration consequences in the Finance and Controlling areas
- Works with stakeholders and end users to analyze, design, develop, modify, test, train and implement software solutions and applications to satisfy MSAs global business requirements in line with SAPs Best Practice in Finance modules
- Participates and leads project meetings; establishes regular interaction with internal customers and pro-active interaction with internal customers and other IT teams
- Works with the other IT Business Process functional teams, Application Development teams, and Technology Services teams on complex integration requirements. Creates functional design specifications for programs and coordinates on the development with technical teams
- Leads small/medium projects utilizing a solid understanding of software development life cycle process and documentation. Participates in and contributes to major project implementations. Works on production support to resolve day to day business issues
- Uses the current Jira ticketing system and ensures that tickets / projects assigned are addressed appropriately and in a timely manner. Ensures tasks identified as part of the operating plan are properly addressed and works with other teams to accomplish tasks on time and in a satisfactory manner
- Comprehends and performs challenging configuration tasks and testing. Completes documentation of software solutions and SAP configuration according to departmental standards
- Researches the SAP system, using OSS, ASUG, and other resources to bring innovative solutions to business requirements and implements business process improvements. Researches new technologies and functionality, making recommendations on their use at MSA
Special Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge in the following areas of Finance General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Credit management, Bank Integrations, Recurring Revenue, COPA, Fixed Assets, month-end activities, intercompany activities and reporting.
- Knowledge of third party software that is integrated into SAP. These may include, but are not limited to, Vertex ( US tax engine), Concur ( Travel management tool), and Readsoft ( AP automation too).
- Knowledge of the integration points to all the other core SAP modules (SD, MM, PP, PS)
- Proven ability to take user requirements, design appropriate solutions and carry them through implementation including integration testing and end user training
- Solid verbal and written communication skills with the proven ability to sell concepts and ideas to a wide range of audience; effectively communicate complex concepts to all levels of the organization and the project team.
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated, willingness to learn and openness to change are important
- Proven ability to recognize, respect and adapt to cultural differences
- Demonstrated knowledge of advanced, integrated business processes
- Ability to travel (domestic and international) for global projects (kick off, design, testing, end user training, implementation), conferences etc. International travel expected approximately 30%
- Knowledge of the SAP Solution Manager, ABAP workbench, ASAP methodology and SAP Best Practices
- Knowledge of Controlling related functions as well as knowledge of SAP Project Systems
- Knowledge of Oracle EPBCS (Enterprise Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service), ARCS (Account Reconciliation Cloud Service). If no existing knowledge, desire to get familiar/ learn these tools is important to the role
Education and experience required:
- High school diploma
- This position is available at three different salary levels dependent upon education, experience, etc:
Level I: 3 years IT or related business process experience
Level II: 5 years IT or related business process experience and 3 years SAP configuration experience in the FICO modules
Level III: 7 years IT or related FICO business process experience and 5 years SAP configuration experience in FICO modules
- Extensive experience in SAP FICO module, with focus on FI functions
- Proven experience through at least 2 full life cycle implementations of SAP ECC.
- Bachelor Degree in Business or Information Science or relevant field
- Experience in a manufacturing environment