|Published||September 29, 2023|
Amick Brown is seeking an experienced Enterprise Data Steward - SAP for our direct client.
Duration: 12 Months
Estimated pay range: $ 51 - $64 per hour per client contract and candidate skills, experience and work location.
Primary Function of Position:
- The Enterprise Data Steward reports to the Manager of Enterprise Data Stewards within the Data Governance team.
- Experience working with SAP ECC, SAP Supply Chain, and at least one project of SAP S4 HANA implementation and support strongly preferred.
- Manufacturing industry experience is strongly preferred
- The Enterprise Data Steward is responsible for defining, maintaining, and governing the processes to create, maintain, and deactivate material master data attributes.
- This role will also play a key part in establishing business rules for new data attributes and in monitoring existing data against various quality metrics.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Identify and maintain data ownership at the domain, business function, or process level as well at an attribute level (RACI model).
- Identify, create, maintain, and enforce business rules around the various key material master data attributes.
- Effectively govern master data attributes within the Product Lifecycle Management system (SAP) and partner with other Stewards working in downstream consuming systems.
- Regularly partner with engineering, product marketing, regulatory, Finance on proper attribute work flows and entry points.
- Identify and document Business ownership at the attribute level to ensure change management protocols are adhered to.
- Act as SME (subject matter expert) for material master data business rules.
- Review, maintain, and correct key critical product attributes with data dashboarding.
- Interact with key business functions to confirm data quality policies and governed attributes as well as identify the need for new or modified fields.
- Help define data attribute requirements for new and existing software interfaces that may impact the master data attributes.
- Assist with Data Migration strategies with IT and Business that impact material master data.
- Create policies, standards, and procedures for the domain and its attributes and enforce the policies.
- This includes data requirements, business rules, operating procedures, and work instructions.
- Monitor data usage and share best practices in data usage and provide insight into how and where teams can use data to help in day-to-day decision-making by acting as the Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- Ensure compliance and security of the data. Data stewards are responsible for protecting their domain data-while providing information on potential risks and offering guidance.
- Helps stand up and coordinate the Data Governance Council as an enterprise venue in strategizing data governance programs, prioritizing data projects, and enable high-level data quality.
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years of related work experience required.
- Experience working with SAP ECC, SAP MDG, and at least one project of SAP S4 HANA implementation and support strongly preferred.
- Five years or more of experience in data management, data governance, data stewardship, and/or data modeling activities and responsibilities, or equivalent, in a regulated environment (preferably GxP relevant work) required.
- Excellent attention to detail and love of creating order and consistency required.
- Experience working in the Manufacturing domain preferred.
- Experience in creating and running data queries and business reports and analyzing results preferred.
- High degree of initiative and ownership, as well as a proven history of delivering results while working with several different departments in a fast-paced environment required.
- Confident user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio) preferred.
- Experience working with teams across multiple functions preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight timelines required.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written required.
Amick Brown is an Information Technology consulting company specializing in ERP, Data Analytics, Information Security, Application Development, Networking, and Cloud Computing. The company was founded in 2010 and is headquartered in San Ramon, California.
Regular full-time employees are eligible for the following Amick Brown provided benefits:
- 401k with company match
- Paid time off.
- Sick Leave
- Long -Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Wellness & Discount Programs